GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Bilstein / Eibach suspension

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
SOLD For sale is my set of shocks and springs - 425.00 plus shipping - SALE PENDING -

These are Bilstein Sports for a MK6 combined with Eibach Sportline springs. MK5 version was reported to be overly stiff for the street so I went with the reviews. These are designed for use with lowering springs and have worked out wonderfully. The shock and spring combo work great on the street providing a comfortable ride that is a bit stiffer than stock but completely tolerable even on longer trips. I am very picky (and I am old) about ride quality. And this setup performed wonderfully at the track.

BIL 35-158745
Item: Monotube Strut Assembly
Fits: 2011 VOLKSWAGEN GTI Base

BIL 24-158756
Item: Monotube Shock Absorber
Fits: 2011 VOLKSWAGEN GTI Base

Eibach Sportline springs

Lowers car about 1.8in. I have all stock body parts and at this height I clear everything that you normally encounter in SoCal from speedbumps to parking space stops. About as low as you can go for worry free street driving. This suspension is fantastic! I don't think I have ever bottomed it out. Absoltely no rubbing with 18x8 ET44 - 225/40/18 - I did do the 2min fender mod but probably didn't need to.

This setup has just over 24K miles on it, still works great. It is still on car but car is up on blocks, new suspension here and it can be removed anytime. This was a very nice upgrade and I did my homework before making these choices.

Why am I selling? - I am going to be installing fender flares and going with much wider rims and tires. I will need a new system that is height adjustable to get stance and clearance just right. I have a set of YCW/MFactory coilovers going on in place of these. They are in good shape, I would never sell leaky shocks or any damaged stuff without disclosure and pricing that reflected their condition. I would like to see another member enjoy this setup, its nice.

Last edited:

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Does that mean those wheels will be for sale as well?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Does that mean those wheels will be for sale as well?

Yes, I have 2 sets of BBS CO wheels/tires I will be selling. One for street, one for track.

My street set with very fresh condition 225/40 Comp2 and my track set with a used set of Yoko Advan slicks. Have not put a price on them.

All are 18x8 et44 BBS CO wheels

I will probably post later today along with my K04 stuff.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I'll try and keep an eye out for those. That's something I might be interested in :thumbsup:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I'll try and keep an eye out for those. That's something I might be interested in :thumbsup:

I need to shoot some current pics. I am fairly picky about the wheels and keep them cleaned up. The street wheels are in excellent shape but some may have some tiny nicks at the very edge. Not something you see unless you get down and look closely. I keep them waxed and they show well.

The track wheels are in decent shape. Two of the wheels have a bit of light curbing. I have and Eastwood refinishing kit to fix it but just never got around to it. If they don't sell too quickly I will get try and get them touched up.