GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

All season tires?

hay_bails19

Hey guys, new owner living in southeastern Michigan. I am currently looking to buy a set of tires that will serve me well daily during the Michigan winter, but that I can use all other seasons as well. I would also love to buy new wheels to go with new tires but realistically it is not looking like is is going to be in my budget. Looking for any recommendations on where to buy from or a tire model/brand/type to buy?

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Discount tire direct on eBay has a 100$ off coupon if you spend over 400$ on some tires. I just bought a set.

gdub9

Go Full Jeremy Clarkson
Car(s)
08 GTI
discounttiredirect.com

As for all seasons, not sure. I had some generals for a little bit and after the first snowfall I took em off and got some blizzaks because it was so terrible compared to snow tires.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Tirerack.com they have a great selection with tests and reviews. I just finished off some Continental DWS, 50k very happy with them. Trying to save money this time, I just bought some Yokohama Advan Sports. About $50 less per tire and they have a $60 rebate right now.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I run a dedicated winter setup here in Michigan, but if I only had to run one (all season) tire year round I'd go with the Conti DWS06.

It's what I run on my FWD Tiguan for spring/summer/fall tires right now, BUT they're 255 on a 9" wheel and wouldn't be ideal for winter traction. Plus I don't want my wheels to see the winter elements either, so that's why I also have winter tires/wheels.

They have decent summer grip, nice ride, quiet, decent mileage warranty, and are supposed to be one of the best "all season" tires in the snow.