GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Having a big turbo tsi currently, boost the r32 clownish.

Even though it's got the first gen dsg, is heavier, and has double the Milage? It's a well-taken-care-of-car but if I boost it, the inclination is that we go whole hog and that means new everything to support.

Suspension, chassis bracing, water meth, body work. silly things like surface rust on control arms and old undercarriage bolts and rusty clamps. All hoses, bushings, older lines. If we are shooting for a big number I don't want to be constantly fixing little things because I cheaped out or an older part wore out. That's why I started building the tsi gti - it was new so I know everything about that car inside and out in terms of use and age of parts and any events that have happened to it.

All this and experiencing the whine of a supercharger on this little hatchback or a big turbo with this vr6 is so tempting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Even though it's got the first gen dsg, is heavier, and has double the Milage? It's a well-taken-care-of-car but if I boost it, the inclination is that we go whole hog and that means new everything to support.

Suspension, chassis bracing, water meth, body work. silly things like surface rust on control arms and old undercarriage bolts and rusty clamps. All hoses, bushings, older lines. If we are shooting for a big number I don't want to be constantly fixing little things because I cheaped out or an older part wore out. That's why I started building the tsi gti - it was new so I know everything about that car inside and out in terms of use and age of parts and any events that have happened to it.

All this and experiencing the whine of a supercharger on this little hatchback or a big turbo with this vr6 is so tempting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
i don't get christmas gifts anymore, mostly because i christmas the shit out of myself all year.

did give the quasi father in law a good gift though.

dude is a racing nut, but made the mistake of falling into appliance car land. got him for our swap, taking him out to cones once the season starts in whatever car he feels like driving.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Jack the front of my car up, pull the front wheel back and forth like looking for a bad wheel bearing and the wheel moves and squeaks from what appears to be the lower control arm bushing

Replace control arm bushings?