GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Pre-production engineering stuff for the Nissan/Cummins joint venture (diesel Titan) as well as work with the industrial stuff that uses the same base engine. I'm an office jockey/occasional road tech like I am this week. I do a lot of troubleshooting of fault codes, data logging, component swapping and testing, etc. The turbos I'm working on are all Cummins manufactured turbos, our industrial stuff uses a Holset VGT (cummins owns Holset, it's sort of like saying my Audi has a VW turbo). I won't be working on customer vehicles until the truck officially launches in a month. First Titans started rolling off the line yesterday

live4something

Ready to race!
This happend on my way home from a 24hr shift, at least I have the stock wheels with winter tires...

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Pre-production engineering stuff for the Nissan/Cummins joint venture (diesel Titan) as well as work with the industrial stuff that uses the same base engine. I'm an office jockey/occasional road tech like I am this week. I do a lot of troubleshooting of fault codes, data logging, component swapping and testing, etc. The turbos I'm working on are all Cummins manufactured turbos, our industrial stuff uses a Holset VGT (cummins owns Holset, it's sort of like saying my Audi has a VW turbo). I won't be working on customer vehicles until the truck officially launches in a month. First Titans started rolling off the line yesterday

That's cool stuff. Is this new gen cummins in a Vee design? What's displacement look like?

k04 and stuff.

live4something

Ready to race!
Dang that sucks. Thing looks like it exploded outwards

k04 and stuff.
Yea I hit something in the road. No idea what it was. Went in through the tire and out through the wheel. Ripped up the plastic underbody piece along the drivers side as well

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Just think of it this way. The 5.0 V8 is rated at 555 ft/lb. Our inline six 6.7 is rated at 895. Only 1.7 L more displacement but basically 350 more ft/lbs before aftermarket parts are slapped on with a tune. I haven't looked at advertised numbers after deleting the emissions parts and basic bolt ons with the 6.7 but I bet it could pull the truck that was pulling your truck that's towing a boat

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Just think of it this way. The 5.0 V8 is rated at 555 ft/lb. Our inline six 6.7 is rated at 895. Only 1.7 L more displacement but basically 350 more ft/lbs before aftermarket parts are slapped on with a tune. I haven't looked at advertised numbers after deleting the emissions parts and basic bolt ons with the 6.7 but I bet it could pull the truck that was pulling your truck that's towing a boat

Well also one is 1/2 ton power plant, one is a 3/4-1 ton power plant.