GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

spacer question

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
I'm thinking about getting spacers in the rear. I have 18x8 ultraleggera OZ and i think they are between 40-45 offset im just looking to push the wheels out to be even with the front or a little bit more out than the front. I was thinking either 10mm or 15mm might work but what do you guys think?

mach5

you are next
I was about to put some spacers on my rear wheels (10mm, on the stock 17's) this weekend but was told by the guy doing my suspension work that spacers on the rear will promote more understeer. I decided to wait until I put in my H&R rear sway.

But if you want to do it even with the front or even a little bit more, I would think 15 should be fine.

mach5

you are next
I'm not too sure exactly why it happens or what causes it, I'm still trying to research it to find out. It's just what he told me and I know the guy knows his stuff.

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
well i was thinking about it and i thought maybe since the front is not as wide as the back the back over powers it and forces it to understeer and probably the same with the front if the front is wider it should make it understeer more.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
but if the front is wider then wouldnt it have oversteer? well in theory

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
i would think so cause the back would be smaller and the front wider make the front more stable and probably pushing the rear out to oversteer

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
do a search cause i just have a theory maybe u can toy around and see wat works more front or back just an idea

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
i want to get spacers for my rear huffs so that they have that "flush look" what size do u thing i should get

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
well they say u have to measure from the outside of the tire to the wheel well see i wanted to get spacers for the rear to match up with the front but the question is does it add to more understeer?

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
idk see i wanted to make my car flush looking with the wheel wells filled with the tire rim but if it ruins performance i wont do it cause im not a bling factor kind of person.