GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mobile Phone Holder

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
I have a dilemma. Rang my mobile provider yesterday and asked them to send me a bluetooth handsfree kit for my MKV. Today I received a handsfree kit with a holder for my cell phone....no bluetooth...typical sales person. The holder has the advantage of charging etc and being available 24x7 whereas the bluetooth is dependant on cell charge. So now Im facing my dilemma....had a look at the dash today as to where the holder could go and only place I could see was just to the side of steering column.

So should I go back to bluetooth or should I let a drill near my dash????

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
I had my last holder mounted in the passenger well side and found that if you pulled the seat too far fwd it collided with the holder. This hasnt really improved with the new design as no real space for a holder hence why Ive gone with the bluetooth.

Does anyone know if the two small grills nearto the sunroof control are actually empty and could my mic go in there?

CopperAddict

Autocross Newbie
ProClip Mounts

I've been using ProClip mounts the last couple of years.

They have specific Kydex holders for your phones, and add the mount for your specific car.

I just got one for my GTI. It is listed as a mount for the 2007 Jetta. It attaches to the bar to the right of the gear shift.

http://www.proclipusa.com

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
Had the kit installed Tuesday and the installer said there might be an issue with interference from the mobile unit and the internal speakers thus needing a supressor that also feeds through the internals speakers but fingers crossed its been fine.....so using speaker that came with the kit and muting sound system. He placed the speaker in behind the climate controls and the remote unit just to the side of the steering colum.

Would definetly recommend this Ericsson unit.

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
Me personaly, I am going to get a avic-z1 with the bluetooth module. So its all controled through the stereo.

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
Yeah as I said, the installer said I could buy this part separately to allow mine to interface to the stereo but it'll cost so perhaps in the future. I guess if I had known beforehand I may have bought it but hey, Cest la vi.