GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bass maxing out without doing anything...?

Island dubster

German Engineering VWhat
Car(s)
07 Candy 2.5 4dr
So get this lisening to some tunes as im driving and the bass maxese out for like 30 sec then go's back to normal? now what the hell was that??

anyone having this probleme?

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Soft clipping...it automatically turns down the bass when it'z 2 loud, 2 prevent ur speakers from blowing...yes i hate it, but i guess i'l have 2 wait til i get my aftermarket headunit.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
:thumbsup: What he said. The stock system sucks my balls.... thank god i had mine done.

i dont' think it sounds bad...it'z pretty good...it'z just the sound clipping that sux...but yea...don't go 2 the dealer...i asked about flashing it 2 remove sound clipping, but they said it would void the warranty.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
i dont' think it sounds bad...it'z pretty good...it'z just the sound clipping that sux...but yea...don't go 2 the dealer...i asked about flashing it 2 remove sound clipping, but they said it would void the warranty.

:iono: Good? Wow, hop into an Infiniti w/ the 5.1 surround system or a Lincoln w/ a surround system. Or a new Mark Levinson lexus. Those are Good!

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
:iono: Good? Wow, hop into an Infiniti w/ the 5.1 surround system or a Lincoln w/ a surround system. Or a new Mark Levinson lexus. Those are Good!

no those are gr8, and u get what u paid 4. but 4 the price, we do have a god sounding system...all it needs is a good head unit 4 the processing and it'z good...can't wait 2 get the IVA-D310 from alpine in this biatch!:headbang:

lslugz

1/1 MexiCAN
Just get a RF 360.2 and call it a day.

plac

GTI Master
no ones even mentioned the TSB?? theres a firmware flash which eliminates this problem..

in addition, the new TSb also fixes the NO SAT issue.

hobouncer

rocking the hawk
all you have to do is hold down the right knob on the steroe for a couple of seconds and a list of option will come up and you scroll through them and i cant exactly remember what it was called like ''auto volume'' or something but it has settings 1//2/3/0ff just turn it off and no more problems!!

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
all you have to do is hold down the right knob on the steroe for a couple of seconds and a list of option will come up and you scroll through them and i cant exactly remember what it was called like ''auto volume'' or something but it has settings 1//2/3/0ff just turn it off and no more problems!!

that auto volume thing doesn't turn off the soft clipping tho.