GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 questions and opinions

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
So. I'm gonna hit up DM and see what they say, but I want to do injectors. Like now. I know s3's are the common go-to for k04s, but I'd really like rs4s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
So... Here's my tentative list. Stuff I need to get done and stuff I want to do lol.
-injectors
- intake valve cleaning
- DSG service/tune
-r32 bumper/exhaust
-lpfp

I want to do these as inexpensive as possible, any suggestions welcome. I will probably end up doing the valves myself

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
That's what I was thinking... Also I'm coming up on 100k miles, any maintenance I need to look out for? TB is done, as well as the regular 100k maintenance items, I meant any other items, bearings, etc.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
So. I'm gonna hit up DM and see what they say, but I want to do injectors. Like now. I know s3's are the common go-to for k04s, but I'd really like rs4s

Let us know what you find out about the RS4 injectors. I was looking to do the same but a P2188 code has my attention at the moment. That and I need to upgrade my clutch. For the clutch, I'm looking at picking up a BFI stage 3 clutch kit. Hoping I can get it for $100 or so dollars less during the SOWO/EE sale..

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
When I was talking with DM they would not tune a K04 file with RS4 injectors. Told me it was not a good pairing and to get S3's if I wanted to go beyond their stock injector/RS4 fuel rail valve tune. I'd call or email them before you buy RS4's, I had to sell my RS4's and buy S3's because they refused to tune the RS4's.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Chain tensioner if it's never been done...I like the dw65v...or ttrs lpfp with pm3 powering it.

I have Eurocars lpfp extension harness, if/when I go BT I'll go the PM3/CM5 route.
Also, thanks for the tensioner advice! [emoji106]

Let us know what you find out about the RS4 injectors. I was looking to do the same but a P2188 code has my attention at the moment. That and I need to upgrade my clutch. For the clutch, I'm looking at picking up a BFI stage 3 clutch kit. Hoping I can get it for $100 or so dollars less during the SOWO/EE sale..

Haven't received a reply yet

When I was talking with DM they would not tune a K04 file with RS4 injectors. Told me it was not a good pairing and to get S3's if I wanted to go beyond their stock injector/RS4 fuel rail valve tune. I'd call or email them before you buy RS4's, I had to sell my RS4's and buy S3's because they refused to tune the RS4's.

Well I'm gonna bug about it... If I have to I may be switching to revo. Local shop carries them.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
So been talking to other tuning companies since DM seems to have left the scene... Things are looking ominous. And no one wants to tune for rs4s. [emoji107]

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I would love to know what is going on over at DM, they really need to get on top of the rumor mill.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Eurodyne seems to be the way to go. Just find a tuner that has tuned on Eurodyne before, or use an Etuner

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
I would love to know what is going on over at DM, they really need to get on top of the rumor mill.
I heard Bronson had a medical issue to deal with but I thought someone else was over customer service/relations?

Didn't someone mention Revo customers running RS4s on S3 tune.. in this thread or another k04 thread?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
I heard Bronson had a medical issue to deal with but I thought someone else was over customer service/relations?

Didn't someone mention Revo customers running RS4s on S3 tune.. in this thread or another k04 thread?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Someone did mention it, and I called revo on it, but no longer do they offer those files.