GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

06 fsi low oil pressure

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion

So no build date?? FWIW the build date is on the label in the driver door jamb b-pillar.

For the other thermostats besides the engine it depends on build date and transmission type.

Through June 2005, 11 is trans cooler DSG, 12 thermostat, 2 auxiliary coolant pump, 3 thermostat.

From July 2005, 7 DSG trans cooler, 6 thermostat.

Miklaver

replaced the oil pressure switch with another new switch and it seems to be working. who would have guessed that a new part would be bad. well lets see just how long this one works.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
replaced the oil pressure switch with another new switch and it seems to be working. who would have guessed that a new part would be bad. well lets see just how long this one works.

It happens, that is why VW has you check the oil pressure switch while using a gauge but most people do not have one. Was your bad new switch VW or aftermarket?

Miklaver

autozone oem equivalent. I even ohm test the old sensor and the first new sensor all seem to be in spec. i am going to try and do a pressure test on the first new one to see if it has a bad spot or something like that. Thanks for everyone who helped.

Miklaver

1000 miles still good to go. I would say if you have an oil pressure problem start with oil sending unit near oil filter. I would definitely install a mechanical oil pressure gauge to verify. Thanks for all the help on this im sure i will be talking to you all soon.