GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AIRBAG HELP

AustinWayne

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok so I bought a salvage title 06 gti. Fixed the engine issues. Now need to so the airbag and its done. So all I can see is the passenger dash airbag went off. No evidence on the driver side or its already been done
Here's what's coming up

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

AustinWayne

Passed Driver's Ed
So I've came up with the passenger airbag breeds replaced. The seat belt in not 100% positive but guessing it does too. Unless there's a way to reset it somehow. And then the steering wheel bag has been replaced so my guess there is clock spring? The volume buttons work on the wheel and the mute(star icon) works. But on the right side I can't get them buttons to do anything. But also don't know what they're supposed to do.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
So I've came up with the passenger airbag breeds replaced. The seat belt in not 100% positive but guessing it does too. Unless there's a way to reset it somehow. And then the steering wheel bag has been replaced so my guess there is clock spring? The volume buttons work on the wheel and the mute(star icon) works. But on the right side I can't get them buttons to do anything. But also don't know what they're supposed to do.

So it seems the steering wheel airbag, passenger airbag and side airbags went off and well as the belt tensioner.

The belt tensioner must work kind of like an airbag, single use. So you should check what was replaced and what not. Side airbags are on the A pillars and under the roof cover (just have to stretch it a bit to see them), all are quite easy to access. Steering wheel, pop the airbag off (disconnect the battery 15 minutes before), takes 5 minutes and check behind if it looks well. Not sure about the belt.

AustinWayne

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the help. The seat belt works fine. I kinda figured if it was the original I would be locked? May be wrong. But wheel bag has been replaced.