GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mkv Snow water/meth kit question

Stevewilson1983

If you go to the 2+ tune level the DSG starts to act a little weird but you can live without the tune if you want. Most off the shelf DSG tunes don't provide extra clamping force nor would it be necessary in your case. Usually the stage 2 and 3 tunes increase the software torque limit. Normally our O2E trans are set for 350Nm or about 285ftlb. When power exceeds that limit the TCU communicates with the ECU and power is dialed back until back down to that level. They just set that limit higher usually 500Nm or 368ft lb. It is possible to find a tune that will increase clamping force without getting a custom tune but you won't need one until you go to bigger power. I ran my car for 4 years with a K04 turbo at 335/336 to the wheels before it started slipping. It saw track time as well as street.

Weird = cruising in Auto the trans may start to hunt gears up and down. Manual driving is fine.

Okay, I'll maybe put that on the back burner for now then and focus on getting everything else done for spring. Thanks!

Stevewilson1983

I am using a snow 225ml at the throttle pipe right after the intercooler and using the washer tank as my resv. i also have a D03 but I felt that bogged the engine before the kick in.

Oh, okay. I might be thinking a little too conservative then. I really wasn't sure what to do for flow since with this controller I'd be all or nothing (basically). Maybe I'll order one of those and a 175 and see how that works.

Thanks!