GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pilot sports or f1 asymmetric

Nd272

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi ,

I’m sure this has been badgered to death over the years but here goes.

From reviews I’ve read the 2 tires in the subject appear to be the most popular. I’m more interested to hear about people’s actual experience of both, and any other tire that you feel have performed well.

Before dropping 500/600 euros of my hard earned money I just wanted to get some second opinions

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pudding

Passed Driver's Ed
I had F1 Assymetric 2s, then switched to Pilot Sport 4. No comparison. The Michelin has the Goodyear spanked in every area that matters. My PS4s have lasted 3 years. Way, way better turn in feel.

You guys in America have the Pilot Sport 4S in 17' and 18" available, which is the replacement for the old Super Sport. if your budget can stretch to the 4S, do it! We are still eagerly waiting for it over here in Europe. The Super Sport is an epic tyre and the 4S is supposed to be even better.

LAWSON

GTI=FAST\FASTER=BIKE
Car(s)
2009 GTI
I replaced the Continental tires that came with the car for the Michellin PS and never ever look back, the performance is out of bounds and the ride is so much quieter!!

Nd272

Passed Driver's Ed
I replaced the Continental tires that came with the car for the Michellin PS and never ever look back, the performance is out of bounds and the ride is so much quieter!!

Thanks for the reply [emoji3] in the end I went with the Goodyear’s, seem a good Tyre and still in good shape after a few thousand miles , I will probably try the Michelin’s on the next set to compare tho [emoji3]

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Thanks for the reply [emoji3] in the end I went with the Goodyear’s, seem a good Tyre and still in good shape after a few thousand miles , I will probably try the Michelin’s on the next set to compare tho [emoji3]

I went through a couple of sets of the Goodyears and liked them a lot. They were great on the street and very predictable on the track. I am in the process of doing a complete refresh/rebuild of the the car and I bought the Michelin 4S for street only, will be using other stickier tires for track.