GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV GTI RPM Drop when Driving

tool7474

Hey everyone,

I need some help with a problem I am having with my 2007 VW GTI MKV. Let me start from the beginning. I started experiencing Drops in RPM when driving, I had no issues while Car was ideal. I've changed my all 4 Coils/Plugs, Cam Follower, and Fuel pump. I was receiving Code "P1093 Bank 1, Fuel Measuring system 2, Malfunction". About 4 days after I replaced the Cam follower and Fuel pump the something started to happen and I would be on 3 or 4 gear and it would drop form 3000 RPM to just below 2000 RPM and you feel bad jerk. After the drop it would go back to normal and be fine till I accelerate or down shifting.

Has anyone had this issues and what did you do to fix it. Oh and Cam Shaft is good no wear.

Note: After the Coils/Plug, Cam Follower, and the fuel pump. I have not gotten any code as of yet.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Hey everyone,

I need some help with a problem I am having with my 2007 VW GTI MKV. Let me start from the beginning. I started experiencing Drops in RPM when driving, I had no issues while Car was ideal. I've changed my all 4 Coils/Plugs, Cam Follower, and Fuel pump. I was receiving Code "P1093 Bank 1, Fuel Measuring system 2, Malfunction". About 4 days after I replaced the Cam follower and Fuel pump the something started to happen and I would be on 3 or 4 gear and it would drop form 3000 RPM to just below 2000 RPM and you feel bad jerk. After the drop it would go back to normal and be fine till I accelerate or down shifting.

Has anyone had this issues and what did you do to fix it. Oh and Cam Shaft is good no wear.

Note: After the Coils/Plug, Cam Follower, and the fuel pump. I have not gotten any code as of yet.

17501/P1093/004243 - Bank 1; Fuel Measuring System 2: Malfunction
Possible Symptoms

Power Loss
Misfire(s)
Stalling

Possible Causes

Fuel Pressure insufficient/exceed/fluctuating
Fuel Pump (High Pressure System) faulty
Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276) faulty

Possible Solutions

Check Fuel Pressure (on FSI engines High and Low Fuel Pressure System)
Check Fuel Pump (High Pressure System)
Check Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276)
Check Fuel Filter and Filter in Fuel Pump Casing

I would begin by logging the fuel pressure, and see what happens when you have your RPM drop. How is your cam lobe?