GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Winter Setup MK5

TMK0902

Car(s)
2008 GTI 5-door
Hey guys,
So I live in the northeast and winter is fast approaching. I have driven through winter on my old mkv Jetta and 1 winter on my current 2008 gti. This is the first winter I have Coilovers. I’m going to be raising them up this coming weekend as well as greasing the threads so they don’t seize. Now my question is , is that my Coilovers have adjustable dampening. I maybe accepting a new job soon that would require me to go in for shifts no matter what the weather. How should I adjust my Coilovers (dampening wise) to get the best traction in snow? Coilovers are Koni. I currently also have 16 inch steel wheels with General Articmax’s that I use in the winter and they are pretty good. Aside from snow tires do you guys have any other tips or tricks to maximize handling and “performance” in the snow? (I’ve never had a problem but my commute is going to be quite long in possibly unplowed roads). And I can’t really afford/want to buy an awd car this winter. Post up some tips and tricks and some pictures for f your setup for fun. I’ll post a couple pictures this weekend when I adjust the Coilovers :thumbsup: