GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fault Codes

mlk.rais

2008 GTI, check engine light coming up with codes P0212 and PA201. Having a hard time finding anything online, figured I’d trying seeing if anyone here has ran into these codes before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fred930

Scirocco MK II Track Car
Anytime you post questions, you will need to specify your engine type.

Assuming you are in the USA, a 2008 GTI could either have an early year FSI timing belt engine (code BPY) , or a late year TSI timing chain engine - which depending on delivery location could be either a CBFA (California & other State smog) or CCTA (non CA smog). For the future - you could just add that information to your profile and it will show up every time you post.

The Ross-Tech Wiki has a good listing of VW & Audi fault codes, at: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Fault_Codes&pageuntil=01262#mw-pages.
But not the ones you mention.

Nor did I find them in other reliable VW lists. You might double check the codes, then search that particular scanner's website for more information. They may be generic OBD codes.

Hopefully others on the list will have access to additional VW factory listings, and be of more assistance. Or try to find someone with a VW specific scanner (VagCom or OBDeleven) and see what codes & possible explanations are shown.