GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS510 Yatour YT-BTA Bluetooth / CD Changer Help Please

simonds1

Hi guys, I'm really hoping somebody can help me here. Basically, I retro-fitted an RNS510 to my 2007 Golf Mk5 GT TDI a few years ago and always used to just load my music onto the hard drive. Then I got into Spotify so started looking into Bluetooth options. It seemed to me that a 9w7 bluetooth module was the best option, but at a costly £300-ish, I decided to give it a miss and just get an AUX cable to connect to the headphones socket on my phone. Tidy job. However, the headphones socket on my phone stopped working last week :frown: So I decided to look into Bluetooth options again and found this....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yatour-Bl...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This seemed like a really good option to me and as it was only £60 I thought I'd give it a go. It arrived today...

...and I've been trying to set it up and I'm a bit stuck. Basically, it plugs into the same 12-pin location on the back of the RNS510 that my old AUX cable used to, but this bluetooth unit is meant to behave like a CD Changer and use the CD Changer controls etc. This is the problem though - How do I access CD Changer controls on my RNS510? Do I need to use VCDS to code it and tell it I have a CD Changer, or should the controls just come up on the screen when I plug one in? The bluetooth unit uses CD01 controls to stream bluetooth music, but it also has a 3.5mm AUX in that you can acces by changing to CD02 on the RNS510. I cannot get to any screen that will let me change CDs though? :iono: This is the top of my RNS510 if it helps at all. I'm guessing from the sticker it's a version B?...

The Yatour Bluetooth adapter isn't compatible with 2011 onwards RNS510 units, but there's a sticker on the side of mine saying it was manufactured in May 2010 so it should be compatible.

Any help would be hugely appreciated and I'd also be interested to know if anyone else has got one of these Yatour Bluetooth adapters and how they got on with them?

Cheers guys :biggrin:

simonds1

Okay, so I'm guessing that people don't have much experience with this type of bluetooth adapter? :iono: I can't really find much online about them anywhere :frown: Well in the end I gave up with the Yatour one above and sent it back for a refund. I've now purchased an XCarlink SKU701 Bluetooth Adapter instead...

Same sort of idea - it plugs into the 12-pin CD changer port and behaves like a CD changer as far as the RNS510 is concerned. Well, this is where the problem lies I think. With both the Yatour and the XCarlink, I get no 'CD' option on my RNS510 with them plugged in? :iono: I was under the impression that a CD changer could just be added without having to code the RNS510? It should just be plug & play? The slight development here though, is that I have managed to get some sound out of this XCarlink one by using the 'AUX' source on the RNS510 rather than the 'CD' one like the instructions state. The sound is really quiet and incredible distorted though? I would hugely appreciate it if anyone else has had a similar experience with one of these type of units and could tell me what problems they had? Or anyone else might have an idea as to what could be wrong? Am starting to lose the will to live over here!

Thanks in advance for your help guys :biggrin:

I used the same Yatour unit in a Citroen and a Peugeot. They work by simulating a cd stacker. Bluetooth works fantastically (maybe too well because phone remained connected even when I left car in garage).

Only issue was that the head unit must be switched to CD stacker to answer call.

Highly recommended.

simonds1

Hi wozzlegummich, thanks for your reply. The problem is that I cannot switch my RNS510 to CD changer mode. I even took my car to VW in the end for them to enable the cd changer with VAG-COM / VCDS, and it still doesn't work. I'm giving up now as it must just be some incompatibility issue with my particular RNS510 and I highly doubt it will be easy to fix :(