GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PC: 2009 DSG 130k

Prana

Since 88'
Looking to get a price check on a 2009 Gti DSG with 130k miles. Exterior 8.5/10 and interior 9/10. Leather and sunroof. Motor has no compression and has bent valves. Don’t have time to fix and wanted to know what I could sell the car for possibly.

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
Looking to get a price check on a 2009 Gti DSG with 130k miles. Exterior 8.5/10 and interior 9/10. Leather and sunroof. Motor has no compression and has bent valves. Don’t have time to fix and wanted to know what I could sell the car for possibly.
Well, my GTI did this recently and I spent $9512.37 getting it fixed because I went with a brand new long block, complete with a warranty from Volkswagen, instead of just rebuilding the heads. I think I probably would have saved maybe $3k if I'd just rebuilt the heads. To me, it was totally worth the extra expense for the added reliability I'll get down the road.
I hope this maybe helps you come up with a fair price but, honestly, I think you'll do better to just part it out.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR

500 to 1000 maybe. Parting it out would probably net more but it would require a lot of work/time and its a hassle.

If you like the car and want to keep for another 4 or 5 years, fix it. If not, dump it and take your losses.