GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Federal 595 RS-RR

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Title says it all, I want to hear any feedback anyone has.
I've mounted 255/40/17 on some TR Motorsport MT1s and am happy with the results in regards normal day to day driving, as I wanted to break them in a bit before I headed to the track on them this weekend. They're noisy at high way speeds, but I do not plan on doing anything but track driving on them from here on out.

Just curious if anyone has anything they want to share on these.
Also, I'm coming from Pirelli Troero R's, to these. Just for reference.

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Well...

Had a day out at Autoclub Speedway in Fontana California, and the tires did better than expected. It was a hot day, over 90 degrees. They got a bit greasy towards the end of the sessions, especially when it was its hottest out. They had great grip, the wear looks really nice given my alignment, and I think for half the price of the troefo's they're worth it, but I think I'll be stepping up to a more r compound tire after these.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well...

Had a day out at Autoclub Speedway in Fontana California, and the tires did better than expected. It was a hot day, over 90 degrees. They got a bit greasy towards the end of the sessions, especially when it was its hottest out. They had great grip, the wear looks really nice given my alignment, and I think for half the price of the troefo's they're worth it, but I think I'll be stepping up to a more r compound tire after these.

Thanks for the review it sounds about what I have heard from others. Good value at 135 or so.

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the review it sounds about what I have heard from others. Good value at 135 or so.

Absolutely! I highly recommend buying them now if you plan to, as I bet they'll go up in price very soon. I was lucky enough to find my 255 for under $95 each.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I see them on Amazon in that size for 100 ea. shipping included. That is a great bargain. In this new build I will probably stick with RE-71 or Sport Cup 2. 265/35/18.

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Directbuytire.com had mine for the best price

I'll be going to Thunderhill on labor day, so I'll report back after I get to try them out there.