GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fastivus 2017?

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm considering making the drive down from the bay area, but am curious if anyone else is going and signed up for the track event?

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Yes. Can't wait to track my car in the over 100 degree heat. I'll definitely pass on that shizz. Went a couple years back and was disappointed.

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol. I was just at Buttonwillow a couple weeks ago 116...

I'm honestly just looking for an event I want to do in August, but also am trying to get some new tracks under my belt.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
I'd wait for a day up at Seca. Probably closer to you too lol

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I've done Laguna about 8 days now. Always looking to try new tracks!

Auto Club is mostly a flat and fast track in nice shape of course. I have not been to Fastivus but looking at the vids about the event they are very well attended and the track is likely to be really crowded compared to a normal track day.

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Auto Club is mostly a flat and fast track in nice shape of course. I have not been to Fastivus but looking at the vids about the event they are very well attended and the track is likely to be really crowded compared to a normal track day.

I've been to Fastivus before, and even went around the track in my own car, just was not the driver...professional driver took me out in it. It looks like a fun time, just not sure if I want to do the drive yet. Only thing stopping me right now.

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
So jelly, we have some decent tracks here in the Midwest but Laguna is at the top of my list. Closest thing we have is Road America.

https://youtu.be/DnQMFDsTQ5Q

One of my favorite tracks, minus the 90db sound limit during the week, and the 92db on the weekend. Did a day in the rain too, luckily rented a garage that day...what an experience.

Would love to go around Road America, what an awesome track!

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Well screw you guys, I'm going anyways! Work covering my hotel sealed the deal for me. I'm signed up in the high intermediate group. Since this is my first time out at Autoclub Speedway so I'm sure this group will work fine. I'm sure I can always ask to be in the open passing group if it's filled with some slow drivers.

Lakrulez

Passed Driver's Ed
Trying to work up the nerve to go as well. Would love to autocross, hell even WOT around the track, but my car is not in shape imo. Went 2015 and it was dope.

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
New tires, raised the car, got an alignment, now I just need to decide what pads I want to run for the event, and I'm good to go!

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
It was actually a pretty pleasant 90 degrees out. Still hot, but the car managed far better here, than in the 116 at buttonwillow. Stoked to have gotten on the roval. Hit a personal top speed of 133mph in the banking. Will post up a video tonight.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
It was actually a pretty pleasant 90 degrees out. Still hot, but the car managed far better here, than in the 116 at buttonwillow. Stoked to have gotten on the roval. Hit a personal top speed of 133mph in the banking. Will post up a video tonight.

Nice video at AAA Speedway, looks like there were very few cars on the track with you? Was that late in the day? Looks like you got rollin and had some fun.

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Here is the video:https://youtu.be/ISpXwNIdJTg
You can find a longer one of that session in my channel.

I was really happy with my run group for the most part. Plenty of space to have fun, and passing was relatively easy and safe. This was the second session of the day. The last session was a ghost town! By the 4th lap in, there were only 2 other cars out.

Even though I did 1000 miles in less than 48 hours, I'm very happy I did.