GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water in Footwell

asp87

Ready to race!
That plug is there. I didn't feel like changing the cabin air filter today, so I don't know if that has gotten wet or not (yet).

I suppose I'm narrowing it down...

MarkMurray

Well I am an idiot, I'm in the process of installing all my stereo stuff, I ran that amp wire, and did not silicone it. It's been raining all day and I flooded my pass. footwell. Haha, well, I dried it out and siliconed it now.

Last edited:

wacek3

Car(s)
MK5
I had a leak on the passanger side front and back and went to the dealer and its covered under your basic warranty...

Kirsche_Kreuzer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
try parking differently when it rains (or use a hose) & see what happens. when i bought my mkiv it was also from a previous owner who also was not the best... i would have water pool at first just in the passenger footwell then it got worse to where it would pool in the pass footwell, backseat area floor, and the spare tire well. (yeah, it got REALLY bad) People kept suggesting everything & nothing fixed it, finally got fed up tore down the headliner & replaced / cut all the moonroof drain hoses. Realized the seal on the sunroof didn't seal right from previous collision damage that wasn't repaired right, the body wouldn't conform to the seal properly/completely. Anyway, when i would park with the right front of the vehicle tilted up, it wouldn't leak. At any other angle, it would. Park at different angles, see what happens.

red.07.gti

daughters MK4 jetta used to this all the time i would clean out the drains and it would happen again. seemed like under very heavy rains the "rubber" drains by the door hinges just couldn't keep up. i snipped the "pinch" end off with scissors, haven't had a problem since

oleve

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread