GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW guy down on his luck

Mister_J

Hello Fellow VW/Audi and any other car enthusiast who will see this post,
My name is Jean Rodriguez. I'm a 21 yr old automotive engineering student at Ivy Tech. I am currently down on my luck and am reaching out in every and anyway I can think of. I , like you have a dream car, and I also like some of you own my dream car. It's an 07 Volkswagen GTI. I call her Harley Quin.(I'm a slight nerd) I've loved this line of VW since the first time I saw a mk1 back with my dad. And I can be proud to say I bought it by myself with a loan I got by myself. I felt accomplished in the knowledge that not only did I get the car of my dreams I also got it with my own blood sweat and tears. But in life dreams aren't always happy ones. A week or so into driving it it stalled on the highway. After taking it to a nearby mechanic I was informed the engine was worthless and is be needing a new one. Armed with this I went to the dealer who could not careless pretty much saying it was my problem now. I attempted to take them to court for it but no lawyer thought I had a chance. So I just buckle down continue working the two jobs I had paying my car payment as close to on time as I could and saving little by little until I had enough to fix the car.After about a year I worked up a good enough chunk to get Harley fixed and the rest I worked out with the mechanic to be paid off in increments. And I've patiently been waiting for her return but about a month and a half ago I lost my jobs both of them. This forced me to go back to my parents house (I am paying a little rent and helping around the house) and fall behind on my bills including my car payment. I've been desperately looking for work that will pay well enough to dig me out of my finiacial hole and work around my class schedule but to no avail. I now have 10 days to make enough money to pay my car plus the late fees. I've made a gofundme and would appreciate any help I got from my fellow car enthusiasts thank you and God bless. gofundme.com/2kvnud9w

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Shitty situation dude but no one is going to give you money so your car doesn't get repoed. Search craigslist for odd jobs, ask friends, family, anyone if they need help with anything. Sell some stuff. Sometimes life blows and you just have to take it like a man.

I am curious as to what was wrong with your car to warrant a new engine...?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Hey now for darcness (Ron)

I know him personally and that was a little different. He does come and go a lot, but he still has his GTI and was having all sorts of trouble with it last I heard.
He had the engine tore down and was having issues with the crankshaft and working on getting a new head too.

This post is a little silly though

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Hey now for darcness (Ron)

I know him personally and that was a little different. He does come and go a lot, but he still has his GTI and was having all sorts of trouble with it last I heard.
He had the engine tore down and was having issues with the crankshaft and working on getting a new head too.

This post is a little silly though

He seems like a decent guy, he refinished my tail lights for cheap one time, it's just kind of weird/sketchy/odd to ask people on a forum for money is all.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Oh wait? Are we asking for money now? I could always use some....