GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: Audi TT-RS/TTS control arm + spindle

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
Seems that I have to buy the swivels and have a try, maybe I need the TT tie rod too.

And yes I only consider TT swivels because my point is the geometry. Thanks for the info!

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
Another problem……It is said that TT swilvel along with arms lowered the car for another inch. Would this happen if I only install TT swivels? I have got B12 and if that's true I need new adjustable coilovers……

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Are the Passat aluminum arms not worth it then? I could find those cheap

Control arms or spindle/knuckle?

The spindles are lighter, stronger and have slightly improved geometry over the OEM cast iron. The lower control arms are lighter, stronger, but maintain the same geometry. In my opinion the Passat setup is completely worth it, especially if you can find them on the cheap. Paired with an ALK, the weight savings alone help drastically with steer feel and handling. The only downside to the setup is limited brake upgrade options due to the Passat spindle caliper mountpoints being much thicker.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Control arms or spindle/knuckle?

The spindles are lighter, stronger and have slightly improved geometry over the OEM cast iron. The lower control arms are lighter, stronger, but maintain the same geometry. In my opinion the Passat setup is completely worth it, especially if you can find them on the cheap. Paired with an ALK, the weight savings alone help drastically with steer feel and handling. The only downside to the setup is limited brake upgrade options due to the Passat spindle caliper mountpoints being much thicker.

Hmm, well my moms b6 4motion wagon seems to share some suspension/brakes with my R32, except Passat got aluminum control arms. Maybe audis got little more then that? Do these parts make it "track outward" cause TT is alittle wider?