GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help pointed in right direction

phantom1209

So I have a. 07 Mkv .With APR stage 2+ . Straight pipe.. right now I have been looking at making it faster than it is . Definitely am liking "integrated engineering" manifold. Plus I definitely need advice on turbos.. I have a vague idea that they are suppose to be changed or serviced every 150k miles..... What turbo can anyone recommend. That will give me more bang for my bucks ..Please and thanks for the help !. :lol:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Don't worry about intake manifolds at this point, spend your money elsewhere. As Jay said above, K04 is hands down the best bang for the buck and much faster than stage 2, by A LOT! It's also a very common upgrade with off the shelf tunes from every major tuner, so tuning solution is easy. It's also a very easy job swapping the K04 on since it shares all the same coolant and oil lines as the stock K03.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Yeah, I would start looking into K04 swap with associated tuning. Should be much better. Also, I've read that those aftermarket manifolds can actually hurt performance slightly or increase turbo lag depending on the turbo used with them and the tune. Definitely not necessary for anything in the K04/K03 area. Intercooler will also help lower intake temps and help performance.