GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mystery of the Missing Power Outlet!

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
Where'd it go?? The GTI book lists two console area power outlets. In search of the additional outlet (and yes, I'm aware of the one in the hatch area) I went to a dealer with my burning question. The dealer not only could not solve the mystery, but I was shown the latest update to the features list, which specifically lists two console power outlets and a third in the hatch area.

The one that I've found so far is below the center console stack, and its location does not make for a particularly easy split or attractive one for that matter. The presence of second (or even third) outlet would surely be nice, considering I currently have two outlets in my Jeep for three uses.

If anyone can help solve the MYSTERY I would surely appreciate it! :biggrin:

Also, anyone know if the outlet supplies continuous power, even when the car is not in use?

Thanks!

-M

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
are you talking about the one by the paking break/arm rest?

There isnt one. Its in the GLI and they obviously didnt change the manual. Dont worry, no one has one

and no, it only gives power while on.

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
I realize that the one below the armrest is not there...I'm just surprised that if this mystery is indeed a misprint that they hadn't corrected it in the most recent features list, the previous of which apparently only listed two console outlets and neglected the one in the rear. Odd. I want my power outlet! Either that or I'll have to start hard wiring stuff and thats a pain.

Too bad about the power not being continuous, that can be handy with a dead mobile phone... :cry:

-M

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
Too bad about the power not being continuous, that can be handy with a dead mobile phone...

Better than a dead car battery...cant believe your upset over a missing power outlet...:iono:

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
Its a small thing, and one that I will get over fairly quickly upon actually driving the car daily, I'm sure. I'm just going over every detail of the car with a fine tooth comb before I purchase one, and was hoping that either there was an outlet hiding somewhere that someone could alert me to, or that it would be arriving/returning in '07.

Simple as that.

-M

davesee

FIA GT Champion
It would be nice to have the extra one, and also being continous power.. I can't think of very many things that I would personally leave plugged in that would drain the car battery that much. I think I'd need to continually charge a perpetually dead cell phone battery like mine for 3 months before it would kill the car's battery.

But I can live with it the way it is, its a frickin GTI!