GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire Mileage???

JDBGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok...so I just turned 15K miles and it seems the tires are really getting loud.
I need to rotate the again and hopefully that will quiet the car down some...
So, how many miles can I expect out of the Pirelli P Nero Zero 18's?
I think I will need tires before winter...but will 20k miles be it for these?

When new tire time comes...what do I go with?

macq

Car(s)
vw
im not an expert but i would say you can run your pirellis till 20k... like i said im not an expert thou :iono:

sorry i dont want to jack the thread but i wanted to rotate my tires last weekend and i realized i dont have the tool/key to remove the stock wheel locks... :mad:
do you have it? did it came with the car or did you bought it at the dealership?

btw: im over 40k and still rolling on that whatever thay are stock tires lol

*sigh*

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 CW Rabbit
im not an expert but i would say you can run your pirellis till 20k... like i said im not an expert thou :iono:

sorry i dont want to jack the thread but i wanted to rotate my tires last weekend and i realized i dont have the tool/key to remove the stock wheel locks... :mad:
do you have it? did it came with the car or did you bought it at the dealership?

The wheel lock should be in the back with the spare tire, jack etc. The foam is molded to hold everything and it should be in one of the smaller slots in the foam above the spare tire.

As for tire mileage. Tires tend to be rated to a certain mileage, but when it comes to when they need replacing you really should go by the tread ware. Sometimes it will be over the "warranted" mileage, and sometimes under.

Moses

Go Kart Champion
even tires that have good wear ratings seem to go quick on these cars. i don't think i've ever got 20K miles out of a set.

macq

Car(s)
vw
The wheel lock should be in the back with the spare tire, jack etc. The foam is molded to hold everything and it should be in one of the smaller slots in the foam above the spare tire.

double checked and i havent found it :frown:

Moses

Go Kart Champion
did you pull the liner out and really look?

damn wheel locks. not doing you any good are they.

have you ever used it before? i'd talk to the dealer, and then put normal lug bolts on so this doesn't happen again.

macq

Car(s)
vw
did you pull the liner out and really look?

damn wheel locks. not doing you any good are they.

have you ever used it before? i'd talk to the dealer, and then put normal lug bolts on so this doesn't happen again.

yea i really looked and there isnt even any hole for it in the foam... which is really wierd :iono:
i have every other stuff but not the damn wheel lock key... :mad:

never took the wheels off... i bought it about 4 or 5 months ago and never had a chance to f*** with the wheels :wink:

projekt.kieru

Inspired.

40k on OEM tires? you are amazing... the best i ever got was 30k on OEM BMW tires for the 325i (2006 model) and they were so bald.

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Of course it depends on your driving habits, but 20k is definitely doable. That said, how does your tread look right now? If they are ready to go and you're just pushing it, you may want to think twice instead of risking a blowout at highway speeds.

macq

Car(s)
vw
Of course it depends on your driving habits, but 20k is definitely doable. That said, how does your tread look right now? If they are ready to go and you're just pushing it, you may want to think twice instead of risking a blowout at highway speeds.

agree :clap: thats totally true
in my case i bought it like that and it had about 32k i dont really push it but im considering buying a new set soon

Domokun

Rawrr
Car(s)
GTI MKV
I am over 21K miles on my Pirelli P Nero Zero 18". I am having some cupping issues, but I still have a lot of tread left. But it seems like I won't get pass 25K.