not mine

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
^ More please...

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
Oz rims that are low pressure cast aren't the best for durability. I have the UltraLeggera's and they crack and bend fairly easily. Just had to have a few of them straightened to make them true again. The casting is very porest (that's why they are so light) which makes them prone to damage. Definitely running a meaty tire on it would protect it a lot better. I'm running 225/40 which was recommended for the 18x8.

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Oz rims that are low pressure cast aren't the best for durability. I have the UltraLeggera's and they crack and bend fairly easily. Just had to have a few of them straightened to make them true again. The casting is very porest (that's why they are so light) which makes them prone to damage. Definitely running a meaty tire on it would protect it a lot better. I'm running 225/40 which was recommended for the 18x8.

Damn you must have some bad luck then. I have run both 18's and 17's on horrible Chicago streets slamming huge potholes with not one single bend or crack. On top of that I have tracked numerous times on both sets with no problems.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
Damn you must have some bad luck then. I have run both 18's and 17's on horrible Chicago streets slamming huge potholes with not one single bend or crack. On top of that I have tracked numerous times on both sets with no problems.

Maybe its just the Ultraleggera's I know a few people running them who have had problems. I just hit a slight pothole a week ago. Nothing major at all and bent one.