ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Also, because catless, GIAC wants me to space the O2 because they think the CEL Fault is causing my low request for high fuel pressure...110bar is all it requests when it should be 135 or 140bar with the RS4 FPRV and the K04 HO file....actual pressure is above that 110bar :thumbsup:

They originally told me they would do "Track Only" tunes for me, but have now backed out of that saying with new EPA rules that they cannot. :frown:

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I have run 42DD since 2013, works for me.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Are either of you catless? Being catless makes me think of the RAI because of the inserts. But if there are some using the 42DD and are catless with no CEL...I'd like to hear it.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Are either of you catless? Being catless makes me think of the RAI because of the inserts. But if there are some using the 42DD and are catless with no CEL...I'd like to hear it.

I run hi flo cat

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I run hi flo cat

OK...I can't decide either way yet because even some with the RAI have issues not eliminating the CEL. I need it to go away before I can determine if I stay with GIAC because the CEL is causing the low request of fuel pressures or go back to DM. Not even sure if DM will give me the new K04 version with a cat patch at this point. So, a working spacer is much needed...I could always get the other if the first choice fails me, right?

af09808

Passed Driver's Ed
that sucks ur still having this problem. i have no cats on mine and have no spacers or anything and have no problems with it no check engine light at all.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yep...just spoke with GIAC yesterday and over the last year...Austin thought the O2 code caused the stock fueling requests and Alex did not think so...they were going to do a track only tune for me but both of them are no longer with GIAC. Now working with Seth and Seth thinks the O2 is messing with the fuel requests and says they can no longer do a track only tune for catless cars...so I just have to fix the code and see what fuel pressures do. After that they "may do something in the way of more power" for me...have to wait and see. "F"...missed last years race season because engine rebuild and now missing this year because fueling.

DC Dubber

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I don't really get this... Most folks who live in states that don't have emissions, or allow at least one sensor to fail, have the CEL coded out without fueling issues. I ran APR's stage 2, 2+, and K04 Test Pipe file without issue for well over two years and never ran into any sorta fueling issues. Once I switched to DM, I requested the non test pipe file so I wouldn't have to keep re-flashing every two years to pass emissions. One would assume the only reason to even have a spacer is for emissions purposes.

Totally of topic but is DM even around anymore? Seems like they just disappeared altogether

Last edited:

DankCIA

BYOB
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI FSI
Looking at either this 42DD: http://www.urotuning.com/42-Draft-O...Z6_GP5mvTJblhQ9Ivqq35rwzjCmdqv4-8MaAiE_8P8HAQ

...or this RAI one with adjustable inserts: http://www.raimotorsport.com/Threaded-J-Pipe-with-Gas-Flow-Inserts-for-CEL-prev-p/11619vib.htm

Leaning towards the RAI, but would like to see some reviews first :iono:

It's your money, but I think these are both way overpriced for an O2 spacer. I'm catless and have had zero issues with a $12 ebay spacer for over 3 years. Not even an occasional CEL.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Well, I have the Fault code being catless...and GIAC doesn't sound absolutely sure this is causing the fueling issue. After addressing the O2 spacer and proving to them this did nothing in the way of correcting the fueling...I will then have to replace my hpfp so that I have a new pressure regulator mounted to the top of the hpfp..the bit you cannot buy separately. At this point...I will likely go back to using DM files if they O2-patch the new K04 versions for me.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Cannot get a response from 42DD as to whether or not they still make theirs...urotuning doesn't know when they will get more...so still waiting on availability.

Some of the angled 02 spacers look to be too tall...haven't measured the space available to compare though :iono:

I really want to get this done so I can see if the fueling pressure request increases or if I need to next get a new hpfp.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Are you looking to run the spacer permanently? If not and it's just for emissions or testing purposes I could send you my 42DD spacer next week sometime. I would need it back eventually since I have two of these cars I need it for to pass emissions.

Edit: I may also have a spare HPFP I could send you if you think that's the problem. (My club members and I do this all the time, just parts swap and share between us lol). As long as you don't mind covering shipping back and forth!

DankCIA

BYOB
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI FSI
Cannot get a response from 42DD as to whether or not they still make theirs...urotuning doesn't know when they will get more...so still waiting on availability.

Some of the angled 02 spacers look to be too tall...haven't measured the space available to compare though :iono:

I really want to get this done so I can see if the fueling pressure request increases or if I need to next get a new hpfp.

Just get the eBay spacer. $12 and works just as well as the 42DD.