GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Highway gas mileage

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
For those of you that have done some Highway Driving... what's the gas mileage so far?

How many miles on the Odo so far?

andrewt

Autocross Champion
by hand calculations, i'm avg arond 28mpg with lots of highway driving on the weekdays, and some city driving on the weekends. the computer says i'm avging over 31, so you can decide which one you think is more right. just over 2600 miles on the odo.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
man i leave for a 1260 mile roundtrip trip back home to south florida in about 9 hours...i hope i get good gas mileage...cuz right now in the city im averging like 17mpg...but then again im driving like i stole the damn thing...u know gotta break it in real good!

my last car(00 Si) i had to stop about 7 times for gas in the 630 miles it is from my old house in FL to my new house in GA...im hopeing the GTI will atleast let me get by with only having to fill up at the most 4 times

*crosses fingers*

Cjeckert

Drag Racing Champion
I got almost 340 miles on one tank when i drove up to syracuse from northern VA coulda gone ferther but i didnt want to get stuck in the mountans with low gas when it was snowing.

ukdub

Test Pilot
I got 38mpg at a steady 60mph over 40 miles the other week on the way to work. The car has 20500 miles on the clock.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I have calculated some good MPG on the highway about 450 to the tank on the highway. But around town I seem to be getting about 22-24mpg.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Wow, impressive!

Yes, after about 5,000 miles they tend to get better MPG.

MY Audi Quattro 1.8t with mods gets 34MPG HWY if I stay out of max thrust.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I want to hear what people have actually checked manually as well, not just what the computer says. I think it needs to be a full tank to be accurate, or at least a more real world average.