GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rumour Mill

Firstly, hello to everyone on the forum from here in Australia.

My purchase seems to be a rarity after reading everbodys posts on here. I walked into the VW dealership on the Gold Coast and drove away with the Demo one. Paid just under 40K for it and got the manual gearbox and sunroof.

Anyway, back to topic. I was speaking to the sales manager at a local dealership up here last weekend, and he hinted that the backlog of orders will soon be improved as there are larger numbers being allocated for us (the aussie market).
What was more interesting, was that he mentioned that at the end of the year, there is a good chance of the 3-door GTI becoming available here as well as the 5-door model.

Lets hope that if these are made available, the delivery times will not be as long as the current ones.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
yeah that rumour has been around for awhile now mate, lookin at nov realease only if the 5 door orders slow down or get under 3 months waiting i think.

and as for the more numbers for us, yeah apparently we will be getting some german made ones aswell as the current south africa ones too.

SSS_Hoon

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
40K is a bargain, how many kms did it have on it? Im surprised they let it go for that low considering the demand on them Im sure they could have sold it for more.

Grats on the car though, show us some pics!

sublyme said:
40K is a bargain, how many kms did it have on it? Im surprised they let it go for that low considering the demand on them Im sure they could have sold it for more.

Grats on the car though, show us some pics!

The main reason for the price I got it for was that my partner was originally trying to source a Black Bora for herself. Basically we found out through the grapevine that there was still a few left in the country in the black auto that she was chasing. However, even armed with this info, the local dealer still wouldnt find them for us. Anyway, we recieved a call asking us to speak to the people at Gold Coast VW. The service from there were awesome. Unfortunately, by the time we got down there to deal with them, the Boras were sold.
Because of this, they sold my partner a Black 1.6 Trendline Auto with comfortline mag wheels, headlight covers, mats for just on 32k drive away. It was at that time that I saw the GTI there with 70klm on it that I told them I wanted it.
2 months later (september05) i took delivery of it with 786km on the clock and for the above mentioned pricing.

I really must commend VW Aust for the great service that we have recieved. We have 2 Little Black Golfs in the garage and couldnt be happier. The local dealer however still had the nerve to call me to the dealership for a please explain though :(

Rabbit222

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
I can't help but wonder if VWSA have plans to launch a 3 door here as well. Our backlog is sitting on 8 months now and its becoming quite a headache for many wannabe GTI owners...

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
i heard it depends if tehy can cut our backorders down to like 3 months or something, and around nov if they do.

i think 1k cheaper also.

but its only 60kg lighet i believe.

SSS_Hoon