GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost gauges

Carn

Drag Racing Champion
Not sure if I should post this here or under the engine section but anyways. Does anyone know who manufactures the best OEM looking boost gauges that will match the Mk V GTI's interior lighting the best ? Another question is as to where the best place would be to mount one.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
As for colour scheme and design Id say the Apexi EL Meter series gauges would suit as you can get a black faced gauge with white numbers which light up blue when the lights are switched on.

But I personally like the Defi-Link BF series which turn completely black when the car is off and the numbers turn red when switched on.

Or even the one with white numbers (that also turn completely black when switched off)

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I ordered the Cobalt by Autometer. Black gauge with blue ilumination...much like our oem gauges. Just don't know where to mount the damn thing.

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
loccusst said:
I ordered the Cobalt by Autometer. Black gauge with blue ilumination...much like our oem gauges. Just don't know where to mount the damn thing.

Seems to be everyone's issue. Someone is going to make a shat load of money when they make a killer gauge pod for this car!!!!

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I am just gonna make my own.....I'm a MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Installer), so some fiberglass and a little bit of vynil...some beer and time....Voila!!! New gauge mount.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Theres always AWE vent gauge seems to be popular

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
LivEToDrivE said:
Theres always AWE vent gauge seems to be popular

i got mine :thumbup:

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Scotaku said:
I have the Omori gauge which is the manufacturer for AWE's internals. The color match is absolutely exact. I am waiting for a 42DD pod or something that may fit two or three gauges without blocking/neutering any of my vents. I want an oil pressure and temp gauge for more serious monitoring on track. I'm kinda hoping someone sees that rise at the base of the windshield and starts thinking it looks promising.
I thought it did till I relized it is part of the dash......just need to take some time and make a pod for mine....and a false floor for my subs.

exS4

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
`06 GTi
Here's what i got...

It's from "Megan Racing" I'm putting it in my NewSouth Performance Gauge Pod.
When the ignition is off, the gauge turns black...

Carn said:
Not sure if I should post this here or under the engine section but anyways. Does anyone know who manufactures the best OEM looking boost gauges that will match the Mk V GTI's interior lighting the best ? Another question is as to where the best place would be to mount one.