GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowering requires adjustments or not

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
Depends how low you go. I think you'll have alignment problems if you go lower than 2" but don't quote me on that. Truthfully if you don't mind spending the cash to sleep better at night you should get your alignment checked everytime you change your suspension settings. Camber will be more present the lower you drop your car.

AJChenMPH

Lt. Commander, USPHS
If I were to order the Euro GTI springs, how complicated is it to install 'em? I have experience installing (with the help of an experienced friend!) the suspension on my Passat 4MOTION and a regular FWD Passat -- would this be considerably more complicated? TIA...

35NYR

Ready to race!
AJChenMPH said:
If I were to order the Euro GTI springs, how complicated is it to install 'em? I have experience installing (with the help of an experienced friend!) the suspension on my Passat 4MOTION and a regular FWD Passat -- would this be considerably more complicated? TIA...

If you've done them before, then you shouldnt' have a problem with it at all. As far as I know theres nothing unqiue with the Golf's suspension which would make it much different than changing springs on other VW's. Do a DIY writeup for the rest of us if you decide to change 'em ureself.

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
Any time that you drop your car more than a inch and a half you have to get a camber adjustment. Moving the geometry of the suspension (lowering) you will have negative camber. Negative camber does help with cornering so you may want to leave it.

candygti

Passed Driver's Ed
I just buy a GTI MKV, I'm looking to put a set of the Vogtland Racing Spring on, it will lowered the car about 1.7", will this cause the Bi-xenon leveling not to work properly?

Last edited: