GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official NBA Thread

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
LBJ is also a chokejob. :tongue: But he is good I guess, just needs experience. Dallas is on like an 18 game winning streak now.

P.S. No offense Remus, but I hate those people that stopped rooting for the Lakers because of Kobe, lost our all-star team, or lack of championships. It's not all his fault, and we don't know the entire story. It was just as much as Shaq's fault because he claimed it to be his team too. They both had big egos, shit happens. Same thing for Phil... look at him now, he's all over Kobe's diack. You can't compare the Heat to the Lakers. Our Lakers are a group of young'ns, and nowhere near the experience or chemistry of the Heat. My roommate always talks shit about Kobe and cries about how he stopped rooting for them because of Kobe the "rapist". Fucking haters I swear. If you're a true Laker fan then it doesn't matter. New faces will come, and nobody can touch what Kobe has accomplished in our generation at this point. His style, smarts, and charisma can't be compared to Lebron's even though he has more experience. Why do you think they compared Kobe to Jordan rather than Lebron? He's a true playmaker.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Ahhh no. They didn't compare Kobe to LeBron back then because Lebron was somewhere around the 8th grade at the time of those comparisons.:flame: And I beg to differ, players will continue to evolve and the up and coming stars will continue to put up better numbers as time elapses. It's the simple evolution of the game. D-Wade, Lebron, actually a few others all have the potential of putting up career numbers that will match that of Kobe. They're already on pace to do so if they stay healthy. It's not rocket science. There's obvisouly a little bias coming from the Kobe fan base.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Ahhh no. They didn't compare Kobe to LeBron back then because Lebron was somewhere around the 8th grade at the time of those comparisons.:flame: And I beg to differ, players will continue to evolve and the up and coming stars will continue to put up better numbers as time elapses. It's the simple evolution of the game. D-Wade, Lebron, actually a few others all have the potential of putting up career numbers that will match that of Kobe. They're already on pace to do so if they stay healthy. It's not rocket science. There's obvisouly a little bias coming from the Kobe fan base.

I'm not talking so much about numbers. Everyone is producing numbers nowadays. Look at Gilbert Arenas... coming from Arizona as a frickin' 2nd round, 8th pick. He's like #3 right now in PPG. As for the comparing thing, I was talking about when he first came out to the NBA. I swear he's on roids or something lol because he was hella buff/cut when he was 17-18. :confused: It is evolution of the game though.

Speaking of my Lakers... we need to get rid of people damn it. Fucking wasted a pick on Andrew Bynum, Kwame Brown is useless, Lamar is too injury-prone, Brian Cook is a cherry pickin' shooter, Chris Mihm has been useless this season and most of last season... I want Greg Ogden from Ohio State :frown:

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
not too found of NBA. my school team has been beating up in the ACC though.

VCU FTW

boaz

Go Kart Champion
bynum will be solid...very solid. not all star but he will be somewhat of a threat inside. the dudes my age give him a break.

lakers will grow and kobe will grow as a leader. go lakers :thumbdown: haha

i do not have respect for arenas anymore...hes too over his head...hes good but hes a tard.

as for lbj... hes just going to keep living up to the hype. hes fun to watch.

Last edited:

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
bynum will be solid...very solid. not all star but he will be somewhat of a threat inside. the dudes my age give him a break.

lakers will grow and kobe will grow as a leader. go lakers :thumbdown: haha

Yeah I know. But for his size, he needs to man up. He reminds me of my buddy/teammate in high school. He was like 6'8" and was a big threat, but gets punked. He was supposed to make it to the NBA, but I guess he fell short. Bynum is a puss just like Yao Ming. :thumbdown:

Kobe is a leader already, they all pretty much have been looking up to him and even rely on him. The young'ns are just inconsistent/inexperienced. I can't wait for the draft. We should've gotten Jason Kidd damn it... I also heard Pippen might join. :eek:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Pippen would do nothing but look like an idiot. He needs to save face and stay out. As Barkley said, Pippen only averaged something like 9 or 11 points per game for the last 6 years he played in the NBA. And you don't become a better player by sitting at home watching the NBA. He may feel better, but that's because his old bones are resting on a couch. He needs to keep it that way and save himself the humiliation. I love when Barkley speaks his mind.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Haha, I remember that comment by Barkley. I agree. :smile: I just thought it was funny. Barkley is hilarious, but sometimes annoying.

boaz

Go Kart Champion
pippen might as well be a coach...

hes doing this for money correct?

41 is too old...his stats after the bulls were crap anyway.

the dudes gotta be roids now to got the balls to run with the young ones.

rideroyals

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
UG MKV
I was a suns fan as soon as they acquired Steve nash from dallas. plus whats with the laker boys? just cause jack Nicholson goes to ur games dosent make u good. lakers are nothing no rings nothing without shaq. period

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
I could care less about Jack Nicholson and whoever attends the games. I've been playing basketball and watching the Lakers with my dad since I was 4... Shaq or no Shaq, I never liked him anyway. Patience is a virtue- we will acquire more players, and our current ones will gain experience. When we start winning championships/conferences again people will be back on the wagon. I don't like a team because of certain players, there's more to it than that. If Kobe gets traded to another team, I will not be a fan of that other team. 'Nuff said :thumbsup:

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
ive riding with the LA Lakers when the best player came into the league: Kobe Bryant

I would have to disagree. Kobe is NOT the best player in the league. He's selfish and is not a leader, and he also fails to inspire his team mates. I could name at least 3 players better: Steve Nash, Manu Ginobili, and LeBron James. Nash really knows how to lead his team and actually knows how to share the ball. Kobe might score 30 points a game but the Lakers are no where near as hot as the Suns.

I'm sure there are others here who share my sentiments about Kobe. I'm protesting the Lakers until he leaves.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Kobe IS a leader, and no longer selfish. I've played basketball nearly all my life, and I were in his shoes, I'd be the same. If Kobe wasn't there, we wouldn't have anything... no chemistry, no leadership, nobody to look up to. GINOBLI??? LOL, he's good... as a 6th man, other than that he's an Oscar Award winning pussy. :tongue: Lebron James lacks leadership, but that will come with experience. Kobe is the best player in the league, he just doesn't have the support from a team like other players you mentioned. You trying playing with a team of inconsistent rookies and shit... it's like me playing with 4 other middle schoolers. You do what you gotta do, and he's done a great job this far... but apparently it's still not enough help, he can't do it on his own.

Kobe is clutch, and his mentality is different- he knows the game.