GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kurupt's s2000 Racekor thread

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I think you need a splitter and some canards for that front bumper.

shortwagen

Banned
Car(s)
Black Egg
I totally agree, i havd canards and I am going to build a splitter like I did my diffuser BUT I think I'm gonna buy a new bumper.

Kur,

please post a pic of the engine bay. I miss it. So much room. I could reach in there and touch the ground. love that stock valve cover. My bro said, wtf is it red (NBP paint)?? I said 'because vtec, yo!'

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep

This is the only one I have on this phone right now. Yea tons of room!

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
Bump for VTEC. Nice build.

I personally enjoy seeing non-VW galleries in a MK5/6 forum because it lends perspective to people who personally owned and switched.

How did you feel about the car after the switch, compared to the MK5?

I feel like the S2K is a beast from a dig but on a roll, I feel like even a lightly tuned GTI would put a beating on it and it's difficult to take the S2K further than that.

Also, I really really like the hard top. Your car looks like a race car for an extreme sports competitor (it's like a skateboard racecar) and that's not a bad thing. Keep it up!

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
Thanks man. Yea the s2000 from a dig catches right away and is gone but a tuned gti will definitely beat a stock s2000 and maybe even a bolt on s2000, once you go forced induction with the f20 motor though, it's game over.

Last edited:

shortwagen

Banned
Car(s)
Black Egg
I might be picking up a mugen style top this weekend, any regrets on stripping out the soft top?

yes, you are gong to miss the extra weight of the motors and frame.

also, you won't be able to say anymore you have the fastest top from open to close.

:biggrin:

only time I open the top is right after I wash it :wink:

why not find a CR or Oem hard cap?

btw, ap2 f22 inlinepro here. :drool:

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
Re-greased my shifter assembly, wow what a difference. Gotta get some hoses but gonna put the catchcan on soon as well. I'll take pictures of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk