GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Inexpensive Lightweight 17" Rims

makinista

Ready to race!
I was looking for this topic long time ago. Finally! In my opinion it's no only the wheels weight you have to consider also the tire weight ours contis tires are 22lbs heavy there is another conti four season that it's no good rated in winter but they weight only 20lbs when u go to tirerack website select the tire u like and click on the "spec" u can see the tire weight there http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Continental&model=ContiExtremeContact&partnum=245WR7CECV2&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=4

Last edited:

makinista

Ready to race!
So Lets talk now about the wheels I want to stay in 17" I'm living in Chicago there are too many potholes out there also 17" are lighter than 18s. I like Center line wheels I had found these fit jettas V so they fit in our gti http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deals_list.php I prefer the Excel looks better only 15 pounds in 17" for only $ 159. So if I go for a tire conti 20lbs+15lbs in wheels=35pounds total who can beat me? I see some kids here wasting alot in light pulleys and buying 27lbs wheels in 19". For me make more sence buying lights aftermarker wheels. I"ll be buying the Center Line next week I'm not shure yet if to buy the RPM or Excel. I want opinion, please. both weight the same.

Nimble

Oval Champion
makinista said:

Hey, I have the same wheels as the above UG poster, only in stock gray finish, would you be interested in trading if you still have the stock 17's with low miles? My flik ftd 17x8's have only 6K miles of use and wear the stock 225/45 17 all season continentals. Would be a cheap alternative to what you were looking at. I was thinking about $200 plus your wheels for mine.

Nimble

Oval Champion
EDIT: pic

Attachments

• DSC00269.JPG
    DSC00269.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 498

makinista

Ready to race!
Which one do you have the RPM or the Excels? It's no bad deal but with that color I'll prefer polish lips. I have only 1k miles in my car. Do u have any pics of them. You have nice wheels now! I guess they are light too!

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Tough to justify double the money for 2 less pounds, and I think the Fliks look better, JMHO. I wish the fliks came in silver.

hungti75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 RS GTi
looks like the only Rota wheel that'll fit our 5x112 bolt pattern is this one:
the Rota 17" D2
17x7.5/35mm offset/17lbs

[/IMG]

too bad it's a 35mm offset:frown:

Laz

hungti75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 RS GTi
oh yeah, almost forgot...you can get it at www.gtmwheels.com and they're:

17x7.5 $650.00 per set/ free shipping to lower 48 states
17x8.5 $700.00 per set/ free shipping to lower 48 states

i've bought wheels from these guys before, and service was great, professional and curteous

Laz

Nimble

Oval Champion
makinista said:
Which one do you have the RPM or the Excels? It's no bad deal but with that color I'll prefer polish lips. I have only 1k miles in my car. Do u have any pics of them. You have nice wheels now! I guess they are light too!

Mine are the Flik FTD's as posted on that gray GTI. His were painted black though. I posted a pic of my car with the wheels I'm selling.