coooooool.......have notin more to say

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
:w00t: :coolpics: ohhh what was the total cost of the conversion

shtrumfy2k

Ready to race!
i'm planning the same conversion, i bought the back and the side spoilers, i have one question...how much is the GTI steering wheel? is it difficult to change the standard steering wheel with the GTI one?

i must say it is a wonderfull car, i love it and u have done a great job
more pics:))

Vivid said:
what a transformation... Like the name to GTDI

WOW :coolpics:

thanks for the step by step pics.
...suspensful :thumbsup:

:respekt:

DaGoNeT

Go Kart Champion
Kirium said:
How did you make the GTDI badging??? It looks like the "D" is in regular VW badge font. Is that right?

Good looking conversion tho. Do you have the Golf GT over there? I would have thought it wouldn't have been much different price-wise to just buy the GT compared to 1.9TDI + all the bodykit, wheels, interior bits...

Nice job :thumbsup:

I made the GTDI badging puting one "D" between GTI badging. The D is the original one for VW cars.

Golf GT is available for a similar price as 2.0 TDI, but it doesn't have the same interior as the GTI, is more poor...

CRJ200pilot said:
awesome conversion! very neat! how hard was the swap to get NAV?

I bought the navi in an ebay Italian Shop, it costs me 1000€ is DVD version B, and I changed the roof antenna.

ACGolf said:

Are these factory OEM car covers for Golfs? I want... Looks nice...

Is the original one, but is not for sale, when my VW agent don't saw me, I... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

KaynE said:
OMG How did you get that European rear? I'm totally looking for one.

Is the original rear from GTI, but I painted it from the top of the line and then I put the tubes... :thumbsup:

srbsta said:
:w00t: :coolpics: ohhh what was the total cost of the conversion

A lot of money... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Arround 3000€ in pieces + the work of employees... (only exterior)

But I sold my original pieces (including wheels) for 75% of his price. :thumbsup:

shtrumfy2k said:
i'm planning the same conversion, i bought the back and the side spoilers, i have one question...how much is the GTI steering wheel? is it difficult to change the standard steering wheel with the GTI one?

Is not difficult for all to change the standard steering whell for the GTI ones, the four wheel with tires Pirelli PZero cost me 1100€, I bought the wheels to a person who bought the GTI with Denver and 17'' and he wanted to changed them for the Detroit in 18''

Thanks at all for your replies! :wink:

shtrumfy2k

Ready to race!
i asked about the steering wheel (i think is volante in spanish) how much is it and is it difficult the swap?

thank you

DaGoNeT

Go Kart Champion
shtrumfy2k said:
i asked about the steering wheel (i think is volante in spanish) how much is it and is it difficult the swap?

thank you

Oooohh, sorry... :tongue:

I bought the steering wheel in ebay (220 €) I won the auction and I put my airbag.

The airbag works correctly if the steering wheel has the same as the one you have. Multifunction or not multifunction.

Regards!

Delboy

Oval Newbie
I stand in total admaration in what you've done in transforming you GTTDi,if it's not a dumb ass question,is there any reason, you didn't just buy a GTi in the first place? Do you think you've save that much money, or was about needing a diesel?

Just my personal opinion but I think 17" estorills look better than 17 Gti wheels.
All the same, respect to you.

DaGoNeT

Go Kart Champion
Delboy said:
I stand in total admaration in what you've done in transforming you GTTDi,if it's not a dumb ass question,is there any reason, you didn't just buy a GTi in the first place? Do you think you've save that much money, or was about needing a diesel?

Just my personal opinion but I think 17" estorills look better than 17 Gti wheels.
All the same, respect to you.

I need a Diesel because i usually made it about 5000 kms/month

I did the transformation because the aspect of GTI is wonderful!

Don't tell me that Estoril look better than Denver wheels... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Regards! :wink:

MachSchnell

Rally Car Champion
Looks GREAT :thumbup:

I normally don't like 4 door golfs, but your's looks fantastic!! And I agree that the side skirts look better in black also!

Nicely done!:headbang:

Delboy

Oval Newbie
DaGoNeT said:
I need a Diesel because i usually made it about 5000 kms/month

I did the transformation because the aspect of GTI is wonderful!

Don't tell me that Estoril look better than Denver wheels... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Regards! :wink:

Don't take any notice of me Mate, It's just I used to own a Gt TDi and loved the Estorils.

Understand you wanting a diesel, especially in mainland Europe, where I think dervs cheaper that the uk.