GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2006 World Cup Germany

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Rabbit82 said:
sooo whos gonna win italy vs. usa

Do you really need an ans for that one? Italy is a football powerhouse. All the Italian players play for top teams, all the US players play for 2nd or 3rd european teams or they play in the US.

Funniest thing I heard was a commentator comparing the US team to the Netherlands saying Donavan would play just as Robben, Mc Bride to Van Nistel Roy and Rayna to Coco... They were seriously saying that the US players were as good as the Dutch... I've heard of optimistic patriotism but come on... they named dutch players are some of the best players in the world...

Rabbit82

Touring Car Newbie
i haven't really seen team italy play with their world cup line up...what are they better at Offence or defence??or are they balanced...i love alexander del piero i'm a huge juventus fan

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
true but they are good enough to do a potential upset but thats what it would be, and upset

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Come on guy...shit! At least root for the homeland and hope for some upsets. This is the time of season when we all need to be a little optimistic. Also, I think Donovan is a great player. The best? Of course not. But the man is fast as all hell and he knows the game pretty good too:thumbsup:

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
kirk180 said:
Come on guy...shit! At least root for the homeland and hope for some upsets. This is the time of season when we all need to be a little optimistic. Also, I think Donovan is a great player. The best? Of course not. But the man is fast as all hell and he knows the game pretty good too:thumbsup:

No offence but what club team does he play for? That tell a lot about a player and how good he is... I hope the US team does well but... I am a realist too.

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
A player does not make the team. I think(more like hope) that the US has a good shot of coming out of the group, but not much farther that that. It is not about what team they(player) play for in other leagues it is how good the team plays together.

doesnt look good for SWE if they cant beat trin tob. :(
watched that with me swedisch friend and learned some swedisch swear words

portugal just won...
they almost had the 2nd quickest goal in World Cup history.
(quickest goal is 11 seconds)

not a bad first game for angola,
i heard the first angolan player to score in the World cup gets a house.

this game was amusing.

...before we start thinking about US and Italy lets keep it on US vs. Czech

well only 8 hours til the start of "the game"

i am from the US, and dont think they will win :(
but man if they do!

Rabbit82 WTF is your avatar... i see the potential "VW" but shit

GTI2007

Vivid said:
Do you really need an ans for that one? Italy is a football powerhouse. All the Italian players play for top teams, all the US players play for 2nd or 3rd european teams or they play in the US.

Funniest thing I heard was a commentator comparing the US team to the Netherlands saying Donavan would play just as Robben, Mc Bride to Van Nistel Roy and Rayna to Coco... They were seriously saying that the US players were as good as the Dutch... I've heard of optimistic patriotism but come on... they named dutch players are some of the best players in the world...

Not to be picky but the guy's name is Van Nistelrooij, not Van Nistel Roy.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
GTI2007 said:
Not to be picky but the guy's name is Van Nistelrooij, not Van Nistel Roy.

thanks but you missed this one though, its Cocu not Coco.Its all good :thumbsup:

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Good job socceroors... I picked you guys to win but you had me worried for a bit... good game...