GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2006 World Cup Germany

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
scuderiavw said:
he buys whoever is the best for the position, not very impressive at all, one of the other reasons Chealsea is running real strong is because the competitiors such as Arsenal and Man Utd. slowed down. Man Utd is suffering from the midfield, because the payers are getting old, and Arsenal is getting a new younger squad built up. Chelsea is good for Premiership, but in greater competitions such as Champions League they suck, lack of team play. the same goes with Real Madrid, they have all the stars, but 1.they are getting old 2. it is too hard to have all those primadonnas and expect them to give 100%.

It's been Liverpool,Porto,Milan the last 3 years, so I think there's not one dominate team. Chelsea has as good a chance to win as any this year, especially with Schevchenko. Real Madrid has won twice in the last 5 years so they are still a factor in my oppinion.

:headbang:

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
cmon england!

and i heard an announcement saying Wayne Rooney will be playing.

Rabbit82

Touring Car Newbie

Italys got the best goalie in the world gianluigi buffon he is sick!!!!

Last edited:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
nomios said:
I could laugh all day at your comments on the socceroos... but I will let it slide.

My comments about what? I'm not saying we're making the final. I don't even think we'll make it past the 1st round, but there's a reason most other countries and top players like Ronaldinho think we're a dark horse, and his name is Guus Hiddink.

As for the world rankings, the US and Mexico are very over-ranked. FIFA's ranking system is so flawed it can't really be used as a measure of a given countries performance. Australia beat Jamaica 5-0 last November while the U.S only held a 1-1 draw. We beat European chamions Greece 2 weeks ago and drew 1-1 with Holland. Does that mean we should be in the top 5?? No way. The U.S was also flogged 4-1 by Germany who are ranked 19th back in March. The thing that helps the U.S most is that the CONCACAF continental championship is held every 2 years (which counts toward rankings), and it's a pretty weak confederation.The European Championship on the other hand is very strong and only held every 4 years.

The current ranking system is so flawed. Even FIFA don't have any faith in it. If they did, they would have given the U.S a seeding for Germany.

Rabbit82

Touring Car Newbie
how the fuk is itlay #13 thats bullshit how did US end up at 5 i think they mistaken italy with US for that spot

Diggums

Go Kart Champion
As a world cup newbie I have a question. Is Team USA a permanent team as in they play exclusively together on the same team against other teams in a world league, or is it a team that is made up of different players from different teams of the American Soccer League(whatever its called) that only get together occasionally to play matches against other national teams?

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Diggums said:
As a world cup newbie I have a question. Is Team USA a permanent team as in they play exclusively together on the same team against other teams in a world league, or is it a team that is made up of different players from different teams of the American Soccer League(whatever its called) that only get together occasionally to play matches against other national teams?

the later... A national team is chosen by a coach who picks the best players of that nationality to compete together against other counties teams... They could play in the country of in a different countries league...

The world Cup is every 4 years and is the pinnacle the sport

Rabbit82 said:
Italys got the best goalie in the world gianluigi buffon he is sick!!!!

ok buffon is good, but kahn was top for the past many years and isnt lehman claimed to be the #1 goalie?

...which in the end makes germany have the best goalies
if lehman and kahn fuck up germany still has Timo :biggrin:

Wargen023

Autocross Newbie
GTi Fanatic said:
ok buffon is good, but kahn was top for the past many years and isnt lehman claimed to be the #1 goalie?

...which in the end makes germany have the best goalies
if lehman and kahn fuck up germany still has Timo :biggrin:

I think that is because Kahn is getting worse, rather than Lehman is getting better. But they are for sure good keepers both and i think Germany is going to do well, host nations always do. Look at South Korea/Japan, USA even Sweden got a silver at home 1958.

9 World Cup´s out of 10 the host nation performs better than you can expect, in this case that means GOLD. :thumbsup:

VDUBB

Rally Car Newbie
One more day till the fun begins. I'm thinkin of going to a british pub on saturday with a couple of my buddies and start rooting for paraguay.