GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Look at this WGDC...

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Just ran a data pull today because of my Friggin' Boost thread.

Boost data peaked at 22.3 psi and dropped to 17.7 psi, however, my gauge reading was 24 psi and dropped to 16 psi.

Then there's this on less than a one year old N75; WGDC looked like this from 2500 rpm to 4100 rpm...where the other day it only dropped into the 35% range. Also, the very low % happened before peak boost was even reached at when WGDC hit 41.6% at the very bottom;

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
It was related to a leak found in the boost gauge tubing. The nylon tubing was inserted into the rubber vacuum hose supplied, but my tech neglected to add the supplied zip-ties. So under pressure it began to force a leak causing the DV to open as well as this WGDC issue. I used a MITYVAC on the boost line disconnected from the intake manifold Tee and it would not hold 20Hg of vacuum...was continuously losing vacuum. So I then added 20 psi of pressure and it was intermittently releasing pressure in spurts each time 20 psi was achieved with the constant pressure.

carbonduc27

Car(s)
07 CW GTI 4dr Stage2
Thanks for sharing the solution. I actually have a similar issue with my PSI bouncing in about the same range. I think I am going to check all my line this weekend. My issue started after install my big turbo and I added a MBC - I'm thinking one of those lines cannot hold pressure.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Great, yeah, try taking the vacuum or pressure up to 20 to 24 psi or Hg...or do both to test all the lines you can. This was new as I have run the K04 for 86k miles now and on with more boost even. I never noticed my VW tech didn't add the supplied zip-ties until I recently saw them in the NSP kit pics at ECS's site when I was searching for boost gauge tubing kit availability if needed to replace the line after leak was discovered...so just a zip-tie was needed to fix.

Having heard the DV release pressure during one run was what put me on the trail of searching for a leak. When pressure was released from the leak, the DV opened and WGDC also dropped to near zero.