GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, i disabled the TPMS error message!

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Disable tpms in the CAN gateway, central convenience, and abs brakes if it was turned on.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
TPMS sensors are separate from ABS TPMS. You want ABS option off and the other 2 controllers on. If it doesn't work then they need batteries.

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
Thanks. I'll try this when I get to the car later this evening. I trust that it isn't batteries though as the issue occurred the moment I got my VAGCOM cable and started messing around with the options (without first saving my original configuration).

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
I turned off the TPMS form the ABS and left the other two selected. The light on my dashboard went away, but the TPMS doesn't work or respond to the "reset" button. The car still can't find control module 65. I inflated the tyres a little over the 34psi just to be sure.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
I turned off the TPMS form the ABS and left the other two selected. The light on my dashboard went away, but the TPMS doesn't work or respond to the "reset" button. The car still can't find control module 65. I inflated the tyres a little over the 34psi just to be sure.

There is no TPMS reset button on cars supplied with the sensor based system.
The TPMS reset button is part of the ABS based system.

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
I'm now "lost" as I'm looking at the RESET button right beside the traction control button on my center console. My valve stems are metal and have the TPMS device for each rim.

My car however, does not detect the module [65]. The TPMS light came off the moment I did the long coding to say that there was none installed in the ABS system.

Where on the car would I find the Direct TPMS module to verify if one is even on the car or if I need to revert to the ABS based one and forget about module [65] altogether.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Did you every do an auto scan before the issue came up with tpms? If so it was saved even if you did not save it. Look in the VCDS folder for the Scans folder. RT added this feature on later version of VCDS.

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
I did an autoscan at some point (on Ash Wednesday when I got the cable), but I didn't save the results as I was inexperienced with the tool and was just excited to play around with the tool. I had previously reverted to the OLDEST recorded configuration, but that didn't fix my issue (since I suspect that this was after I messed around with the options).