GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reconnected my battery and couldn't go into boost.

JFulleR32t

Battery died last night so I put it on charge over night. This morn I reconnected it and stuff I was expecting was acting weird like the auto window up and down. So I let the car warm up everything sounded great totally norm, and when I went to take off I thought I felt a little blip in power but nothing to bad. As I'm leaving my neighborhood I try going into boost and the motor breaks up bad. So I let it chill and tried again and same thing. Restarted the car and tried again and it ran perfectly fine and still does. I'm stage 2 apr w/ 3"dp and intake. Anyone heard of this happening before? I'm afraid of going and getting a new battery now.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Most people have mode one set for stock. Disconnect batt and you likely went into stock mode. My Apr was set this way. Apr dealers do it so dealers don't find it.

higher.one

Ready to race!
I would start the car and let it idle for 10 mins or so then do the throttle body alignment using the cruise control stalk since you have apr. (Car must be running to do so). Then drive around slowly trying not to build ANY boost for another 10 mins. Then from there try driving normal and maybe bring it up around 5psi a few times and see if it acts up. If not, slowly increase boost amounts to get it back to normal levels. Sounds like the car just needs to readjust and relearn.

JFulleR32t

I would start the car and let it idle for 10 mins or so then do the throttle body alignment using the cruise control stalk since you have apr. (Car must be running to do so). Then drive around slowly trying not to build ANY boost for another 10 mins. Then from there try driving normal and maybe bring it up around 5psi a few times and see if it acts up. If not, slowly increase boost amounts to get it back to normal levels. Sounds like the car just needs to readjust and relearn.

Thanks for the advice I'll try it next time.

UGFast89

The Dubster Sith
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Your car went into stock mode. Happened to mine when I disconnected my battery to do electrical work on my car. Just do the programming with the cruise switch and you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk