GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door Panel Headliner Fell off

UGFast89

The Dubster Sith
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Hey guys,

So my door panel trim finally came off and I wanted to know an inexpensive way to fix this. I got a quote from a guy here in Miami that charges $100 per door but that's a bit steep. I would rather do this myself but have no experience. Any pointers? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398116291.441558.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398116302.208067.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398116310.625382.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beserkr

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

So my door panel trim finally came off and I wanted to know an inexpensive way to fix this. I got a quote from a guy here in Miami that charges $100 per door but that's a bit steep. I would rather do this myself but have no experience. Any pointers? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

View attachment 93766View attachment 93767View attachment 93768

Damn that's worse than my car :eyebulge:. If you find a solution keep us updated. I had a shop quote almost the same.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
I would imagine 2 yards would be more than enough for your car given 1 yard was enough for mine, just the continuos fabric on the mkv might make you need to get the extra yard, but a guy on mk6forums recovered a tonne of his interior with a fabric called texseude. Looks really dope, I'll be recovering my headliner and pillars in the stuff this summer. Anyway link to texseude: http://www.yourautotrim.com/tespfsu.html

Rollineuro

Go Kart Champion
Honestly, the front doors are simple so DIY. The rear cards however are another story. Does his $100 quote include you bringing him the panel out of the car or does it involve him removing it? If it involves him removing it, $100 is a STEAL. The rear card removal in 2 door mkv's is the nightmare of all nightmares I will never do it again in my life.

Roly

don't know where in Miami, but you can try going to De Colores @ 280 sw 22 ave, i'll be taking my rabbit to get the headliner redone.

goneD4rk

Banned

RedLine GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Dang I thought my headliner was the start of the problem...didn't think of the door panels...Florida heat and humidity fucks it all up, how many miles did you have before the door panels started falling?

Have i mentioned that living in a desert has it's advantages?

U.G.MKV

Stealth mode
Car(s)
2007 mkv
Dang I thought my headliner was the start of the problem...didn't think of the door panels...Florida heat and humidity fucks it all up, how many miles did you have before the door panels started falling?
My head liner and door panels all fell within a week. I'l probably do the suede as well

UGFast89

The Dubster Sith
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI

I've had the car for about 4 years now but would ride with windows down even with slight drops of rain. So that may have factored in.

Dude he's Heisenberg...

from sent tapatalk iPhone my using.

Precisely [emoji6] ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402510376.322200.jpg

Last edited: