GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My New 88 Volvo!

Method82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Picked up my dream car last month. 1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon. It already has a manual boost controller with an unknown amount of boost. It's as fast as the GTI for sure. Sold her POS 01 Eclipse that I did not want to work on. Ever.

Well documented with 316,000 miles. Motor was rebuilt 60k ago. Paid a grand for it. Best grand I've ever spent. This wagon is so much fun! Crappy blackberry pic but hope to get a (slow) build thread going one day. Goal is a reliable 275-300 WHP. Mess load of minor issues but that's all!

Method82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
It's freakin awesome. The stock turbo is a mitsubishi TD04H. Spools loud and nice. I imagine it needs a rebuild. I have a large oil burning smell after extended high boost periods. Once it ges warmer I can actually work on it.

1972vw

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 GTI
God I love those, I'll have to keep up with your thread. Hell, I just love station wagons, I grew up in a 2001 V70 T5 and I guess it had a mark on me.

Method82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I fell a good amount of people have a soft spot for fast wagons.

Dutchy

Go Kart Champion
I fell a good amount of people have a soft spot for fast wagons.

I grew up in all sorts of Volvo wagons. My dad had a 1994 940 now, it's always fun to drive.

Also, I fucking love Opeth! I've been collecting them on vinyl, so far I have Still Life, Damnation, Blackwater Park, and Heritage. Sorry for off topic OP

Method82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Nothing is off topic when it comes to Opeth!!! Saw them live finally here in Raleigh and it was spiritual.

Put new plugs In the car yesterday. Volvo plugs. They had some bosch plugs in them before. The volvo plugs take a 21mm socket! So that was a setback but overall great! I must have been running on 3 cylinders before and didn't even realize it until it was missing real bad a few days ago. The #4 plug was pretty wet with fuel. New plugs in now and it runs like a turbocharged champ! Wires soon and a Macco paint job to follow shortly after that as long as they are having their special. Car is a 2 tone plastidip right now...

Method82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
UPDATE!!!

Got bored and wanted to try out the new Plasti-dip phase the young-ins are going through. and, I LOVE IT! and Plasti-dipped the car black. The hood is white because i ran out of black. And it's easier to pull off with many more coats anyway.

Also put an Advance auto 3" cone filter. So now it's spools stupid loud and the piston style diverter/BOV that vent's to atmosphere is ToyotA supra turbo loud. Well to me and everyone outside the car. Still have yet to dyno it. the High pressure external fuel pump took a shit on me tonight. i believe after a bad tank of gas from a new gas station only a few months old.

Will post engine pics soon! And also nobody told me that all Volvos are usually stupid cheap, and once you buy one, you want to buy 3-4 more. I have being a car enthuiest sometimes... NOT!!!