GOLFMKV

Warranty/Recall Coverage Awarness

lsx

Car(s)
GTI
2006 BPY FSI

At 85k I had...

PCV replaced
Cam follower, camshaft, fuel pump, ect. (HPFP system was destroyed.)
Intake runner control motor.

All were replaced at the dealer under the extended power-train warranty.

I did the N80 out of pocket at 65k.

I bought the car used, it is/was modified at the time of doing all this, Didn't get a bit of hassle just jokes about how loud my DV was. I'm sure it's mostly down to the dealer, I don't see why they wouldn't want to get paid by VW to take care of these known issues.

UGFast89

The Dubster Sith
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I tried to get vwoa to fix my airbag harness recall but they said that my record indicated that my dealer already performed the recall. So through the tsb I went ahead and did it myself and to to my surprise the recall was never performed. The wiring was the same as from factory. Didnt resemble anything close to what the finished tsb suggested. They wanted me to take it to the dealer and pay a $120 fee for diagnosis even when I told them that I already ran diagnostics with my vagcom tool and forwarded the fault codes.

1972vw

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 GTI
2009 GTI, ABS pump replaced after 38K miles. 75% of the part covered by VWoA, the rest of the part and the labor covered out of pocket.

valverde

vw email address

Do someone has a direct email address , to write about a ABS recall ,

I bought a vw mk5 and send it to Costa Rica , about a week ago the abs, traction control and brake turns on , in the cluster when i check with the scanner it says the abs unit is not working , then i check the recalls and found 1 almost new 25/1/2017 , that it says VW is going to change by it self, when i said the car in in Costa Rica , they sayd we are not going to pay nothing.

How can i send all this to somebody who tell me whats going on with the world wide waranty of this cars.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
World wide warranty. There isn't any. Warranty does not travel out of the country, that's straight from the warranty manual.

Fred930

Scirocco MK II Track Car
Have only had my 2009 GTI (TSI) for about 2-1/2 years. Warranty replaced my intake manifold (2nd time on that car), and both front fenders (rust). Had already replaced my own ABS pump, prior to receiving the recall notice.

Since you are building a list - might be worthwhile to add "RUST" as a major category. Although VW did both my front fenders last Fall, they showed no interest in discussing the rust area under the rear hatch VW logo (hatch release). Am planning on taking the car back and trying again, now that it's getting worse. Have also noticed some rust areas under the front doors (at bottom of the fender area).

So for us living in the North - VW seems to be well behind other manufacturers from a corrosion protection standpoint.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Throttle Body and Heated WW nozzels

A little late to the party here but thought I'd post what issues I've had with my 2009 GTi (TSI) Dsg. Current mileage is 85,862 miles

I bought the car as a 2nd owner about 5 years ago with 46K mile. Original owner was meticulous with maintenance (all his records came with the car). Right before he traded it he had the intake manifold replaced under warranty for the flapper valve motor failure.

I drove the car for 5 years changing the oil and filter at 5K mile intervals. Previous owner installed a Carbino intake so I cleaned and oiled the cotton filter twice a year. (2) DSG services one at 40K by the previous owner and one at 80K by me.

I had the fuel filter replaced shortly after I purchased the car. At 75K miles I replaced the original spark plugs and all 4 coil packs as well as the PCV unit.

At just about 61K miles I was having random starting issues to the point of the car leaving me stranded several times. 1st time I took it in they found no problem. I pulled my own VCDS codes and provided them, but they couldn't get the car to repeat the issue while they had it.

I was a bit frustrated at that time because now I had to wait for it to happen again. And it did within a week. Pulled the codes again, same issue, same fault codes. Had it towed back to the dealer and still couldn't get it to repeat the issue. This time they diagnosed by the fault codes that I was having a throttle body issue. Bear in mind each time I'm being charged a diagnostic fee.

I then made them aware of the TSB for the throttle body wiring harness. On some TSI engines the wiring harness to the TB is manufactured too short. Over time the rocking and movement of the engine stresses the wires and they can break, or in my case partially break, causing intermittent running issues.

Then they try to tell me this isn't covered under the 5yr/60K mileage drive train warranty. So I go back and forth with VWOA and they agree to cover everything except my initial diagnostic fee of $125. It took a tech almost the entire day to cut, splice and extend each individual wire in the harness. Normally about an $750 repair.

So be aware if you have issues it could be your throttle body wiring harness.

The only other issue I've had is last year I abruptly lost, A/C, Hill Hold Assist, heated seats and some other random electrical thing. Dealer took two days to track down a broken wire in the harness that runs to the heated windshield washer nozzles. They charged me less than they had in diagnostic hours for sure. I think the repair was less than $300. Trouble shooting electrical is a biatch.

I just bought a 2017 GTi Sport, but I'm keeping the 2009 GTi TSI for the gf to drive.