GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AUX switch?

Cynikal.Mindset

GTI Virus Infected
no DIY but it was pretty simple, I can itemize what I used for you.

USB male to female extension cable

cigarette/12 volt socket (I sourced mine from a scrap piece at work) but any will work

mini 12v usb adapter

I hard wired the socket to 12v constant on in the dash fuse panel (so ipod/phone etc would charge even if the car is off), cut the spare switch space on the console to accommodate the female USB portion (this was test and fit method). I had to cut the USB cable and take the sheathing of the female end to fit it in the the switch blank and then splice it back together when I was done. all the ugly wiring etc is tucked away in the console and you're left with a 5v USB outlet. It's a simple thing all you need are those bits I detailed (maybe some hot glue to hold the USB socket in place when done) and time...its pretty straight forward.

I kinda wanna move this setup in to the arm rest cubby now but I will need to get some new blanks before that gets done.

m3waj

ermm how do you get the wires from the Radio to the switch cover? This is for the aux connection obviously, Im guessing you just feed them through the bottom past the heater controls or is there anything else you have to pull apart .

Cool charging mod by the way