GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carpartkings.com Review

HeartMyVeedub

Ready to race!
Order of events

Called Monday to place an order for Centric Parts front left and right slotted and cryo treated rotors.

Spoke with Mike, the supervisor, and ordered the rotors.

Called back 5 minutes later to place order for rear left and right slotted and cryo treated rotors, as well as pads.

all is well

Supposedly, all 4 items were supposed to ship out the next day from their warehouse in AZ, Mike assured me everything was IN STOCK. (I am located in Southern California)

Upon checking the orders online, i saw that i was charged for 2 front left rotors and 2 front right rotors. this was incorrect

on tuesday I called back and spoke to another man named Eric; he looked around at their catalogue and noticed that they had the front and rear rotors priced the same (which is odd, considering rear rotors are almost always cheaper than the fronts). Eric told me that this was fishy and promised to give me a call back with updates on pricing. He never called back

On Wednsday I called back and spoke with Eric again, he told me that there was a pricing error in their catalogue and that mike had charged me for two front left and right rotors. this was a mistake and he said he was gonna do his best to get to the bottom of it and get me a refund on the difference.

The whole time, I made sure it was clear that I needed the rotors by friday, which he assured me wouldn't be a problem.

I checked the order online and it showed that the rotors I ordered had shipped. So I call back to see what the status of the brake pads were, and he tells me they shipped already from centric, and that he didn't have a tracking number for me.

Thursday comes along and I receive a package containing the REAR left and right rotors, and the front and rear set of pads. The FRONT rotors were MIA

I called again to ask what the status of the missing front rotors were, Eric answered and said someone had made a mistake on the ordering. Eric said he was going to call the warehouse in AZ and let them know to ship out ASAP so that I could at least have the rotors by Saturday. I double and triple checked to make sure I would have them by Saturday, and even asked if he thought we should ask the warehouse to overnight the rotors to make sure they arrived on time. Eric assured me there was no need to do so and placed the order with the warehouse promising me they'd be here by Saturday. Eric told me he would email me a tracking number, which I never received.

I call friday to ask for a tracking number. Eric gave me the tracking number over the phone. As we're on the phone, I enter the number into FEDEX's online tracker, lo and behold the ETA is Monday 5/13… I was pretty frustrated. I asked to speak with Eric's Supervisor so I could clarify what was going on with the pricing discrepancies between the front and rear rotors; I also wanted to let him know how severely disappointed I was at their total lack of concern for deadlines among other things.

Eric informs me that Mike is not in the office, and that he is not available to reach via company Skype chat. I told Eric to have Mike call me; in response he said "I'll just call you when Mike is in, then transfer the call. He'll be forced to answer then." This made me a bit uneasy… So I hung up expecting a call before they closed (4 PM PST), and yup, you guessed it, they never returned my call. I tried calling at 3:45 PST to try to get a hold of them, but no one answered. I fired off this email:

"Hello Eric,

I waited for your call all day and did not receive one. This is pretty embarrassing customer service to be honest. I'm on hold at 3:55 pacific time and no one is answering.

Please email me with an update on the situation"

Still waiting for a response.

Based on the above situation, I cannot say I recommend this company to any of you out there. What gives me some hope is that several others in Gramble's thread say they have had good experiences with Car Part Kings.

Just thought I'd share my situation.

Thanks for reading.

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
Never heard of them, but sounds irritating, good luck