GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MOTOR hot tuner VW's

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
Agreed.

Only awake because an 18 year old in a VR Commodore lost control of his car in front of my house and took out a street sign at the next corner while "avoiding a possum" at 11:00 PM on a residential street in The Gap - skidmarks are at least 60 feet long on a damp road. Car is probably a write off, driver and occupants all unhurt.

My oldest son (17) being one of the occupants.

Just starting to remember what's actually important.

fuk man! lucky your son was unhurt.

for the record the late NZ Rally driving great Peter 'Possum' Bourne earnt his nick name one night after he crashed his mother's car, whilst trying to avoid a possum in the middle of the road.

you recon he was telling porkies too? either way swerving to avoid a possum is not a new excuse!

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
hahaha fuck i dont read a thread for one day and degenerate and blows out into a ten page thread....

why does all thread that involves tuning.... mod brands and power, time slips etc all degenerate into free for all and a huge dick waving exercise...

quite frankly .... i dont give a rats about either side of the argument... i thoroughly enjoyed reading the article... the cars involved.. the efforts of the tuners... and the expert oppinion of the drivers and judges involved on the tune... its certainly given me some thoughts on guidance when i begin to tune my car..... .

whether we agree with it.. is another issue.....who gives a fuck if one car comes out on top of the other.... ??? its not like they're bagging out your car.. there's no vested interest in it...

if you dont like a particular tuner.. then dont go there.. no one is forcing you to go there.. if anything it was informative and gave me information on tuners that might help me on my own quest to build a perfect track car for me.

i dont want a massive dick... sorry i meant massive horse power. i just want a great handling car to drive.... on track and one where i can beat all the little STI and Evo Fuckers!!!!! :)

just enjoy the article for fuck sake.. and envy guys like Anthony and his R32 and admire the cars.....at the end of the day we're all on this forum cos we love our little VeeDubs and we love our own cars and we all share a common interest.

in my honest oppinion great article loved it and certainly set my heart on competing in it next year if they run another one..

so lets all make peace. kiss.. suck each others dick.. or what ever makes you happy and get back to the topic which is cars !!!

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Several members have received an infraction because of their behavior in this thread, and more than one is on notice regarding an impending ban on their next infraction.

If you can't help yourself from insulting other members, PM me and let's dispense with me having to ban you later unexpectedly.

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
I havent read through the whole article but a couple of things that I found interesting :

APMitchels car :
The r32 Turbo did 0-100 in 3.94 and 11.99 1/4 mile...gulp
247.3fwkw...

Is dyno reading front wheel or 4 wheel ? If its only front wheel thats 5kw atws more than my s3 which dynoed 242kw atws with a 400hp turbo kit . Im thinking that if it was front wheel the kit is only just over 400hp and if its 4 wheel its around 450 hp . A 500 flywheel car should be making closer to 300 kw atws . I stand to be corrected here :thumbsup:
If you'd taken the time to read the thread, you would have noticed AP and other competitors posted there where problems with all of the AWD drive cars on the Dyno - particularly the VAG cars like the Audi and VW's. It might have something to do with an operator who wasn't experienced with DSG. The problem was not unique to the R32.

eurospeed

Passed Driver's Ed
More to the point what happened to GIAC, they were supposed to be putting some cars according to the post on watercooled :iono:

I had some medical issues with my 2 sons, my family comes before
and thing to do with playing with cars etc.

Yes the event was a little short notice, a last minute offer game from Peter Fitzgerald to take one of the cars to the event, just could not organize it quick enough.
My support was behind Peter Fitzgerald as i have some dealings with him and find him to be a straight up honest person, and i did encourage him to enter the event with his cars with minimal mods and i was sure he would fare well considering what the competition may be.

I have not read the magazine yet, i am sure he would have done okay and others may be very dissappointed with their result with heavily prepared cars
that have been boasting a lot.
Hopefully next year.

FattyBoomba

Live life in the R Lane!
Car(s)
Golf R32 Mark V
Well said Rob :thumbsup:

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
Meh, I love this stuff....

Unlike AP, Ian, Guy and dozens of others who've put their cars up for this review (and seriously that's ballsy - at least a couple of these people have their livelihoods on the line if their car is reviewed badly). I look at it this way:

APMitchell has put his money where his mouth is, Guy has done the same, so has Ian - They have differing budgets and differing amounts of skin in the game - don't know AP personally but his contribution to this forum has been free of bias and well informed and face it - anyone who is prepared to invest that kind of time and energy into an R (leaving the money out of it) has my respect, I've bought from Guy who has a business to run, and credibility on the line, and I count Ian as a personal friend and a good peddler (as well as a trusted supplier). The other people I don't know (or know of) so can't comment

I love the fact that the Queenslanders seem to be the most voluble on here (and yes I'm one) and it's all degenerated into personal shit - personally I've met G-Rig and understand his opinions - although I went a different way with my mods, I like what he's done with his R and appreciate his approach to his car, haven't met Mav or 606 but looking forward to that track day/GTG/cock waving party when I get to view it - from a distance with gloves on.

Thanks for the kind words Panman, I meet Guy for the first time and found him to be a real friendy and vw lover like all of us.

Guy is trying to run a business and it isn't nice that people get on hear and slag him and the products he sells like Bug Racer did about HPA...

There are many of us on hear and we all have one thing in common and that is the love and passion of or VW weather it is a GTI or R32 who cares in my opinion they are all good in there own way and are both very different..
Hey Panman i am from Brisbane aswell, moved to sydney when i was 12 but still go for the Bronco's and QLD...

I myself loved going in the Motor magizine event and will enter next year with some bigger and better...
I really home some of you guys think of doing the turbo kits on your cars and you don't have to go as far as i did but once you feel it you wont regret it..

I hope this thread goes back to it's original agenda..:w00t:

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
I havent read through the whole article but a couple of things that I found interesting :

APMitchels car :
The r32 Turbo did 0-100 in 3.94 and 11.99 1/4 mile...gulp
247.3fwkw...

Is dyno reading front wheel or 4 wheel ? If its only front wheel thats 5kw atws more than my s3 which dynoed 242kw atws with a 400hp turbo kit . Im thinking that if it was front wheel the kit is only just over 400hp and if its 4 wheel its around 450 hp . A 500 flywheel car should be making closer to 300 kw atws . I stand to be corrected here :thumbsup:

As for Guys cars . Im sorry but I am yet to see any of Guys cars make a decent 1/4 mile time . My own s3 with just a chip and race gas has been quicker than all of Guys VW/Audi projects including :

2000 Stage 3 TT - 14.04
2003 B6 stage 3 - 13.9
2006 KO4 Polo - 14.05
and now the stage 3 Gti as well only running 13.8 or so .

If anyone else has some times let me know :thumbsup: .

What did the Golf dyno ?

Yeah they couldn't dyno mycar for some reason the dyno kept frecking out, my car has been dynoed at 320kw at the wheels the 247kw at the wheels was only at 4500rpm...:w00t:

If you are such a smart guy you would know that it would be impossiable for a full bodied MKVR32 to run a 11.9 with only that much power..:w00t:
If your car are so much faster than guys how come we didn't you there..:clap:

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
hahaha fuck i dont read a thread for one day and degenerate and blows out into a ten page thread....

why does all thread that involves tuning.... mod brands and power, time slips etc all degenerate into free for all and a huge dick waving exercise...

quite frankly .... i dont give a rats about either side of the argument... i thoroughly enjoyed reading the article... the cars involved.. the efforts of the tuners... and the expert oppinion of the drivers and judges involved on the tune... its certainly given me some thoughts on guidance when i begin to tune my car..... .

whether we agree with it.. is another issue.....who gives a fuck if one car comes out on top of the other.... ??? its not like they're bagging out your car.. there's no vested interest in it...

if you dont like a particular tuner.. then dont go there.. no one is forcing you to go there.. if anything it was informative and gave me information on tuners that might help me on my own quest to build a perfect track car for me.

i dont want a massive dick... sorry i meant massive horse power. i just want a great handling car to drive.... on track and one where i can beat all the little STI and Evo Fuckers!!!!! :)

just enjoy the article for fuck sake.. and envy guys like Anthony and his R32 and admire the cars.....at the end of the day we're all on this forum cos we love our little VeeDubs and we love our own cars and we all share a common interest.

in my honest oppinion great article loved it and certainly set my heart on competing in it next year if they run another one..

so lets all make peace. kiss.. suck each others dick.. or what ever makes you happy and get back to the topic which is cars !!!

:clap:

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
I had some medical issues with my 2 sons, my family comes before
and thing to do with playing with cars etc.

Yes the event was a little short notice, a last minute offer game from Peter Fitzgerald to take one of the cars to the event, just could not organize it quick enough.
My support was behind Peter Fitzgerald as i have some dealings with him and find him to be a straight up honest person, and i did encourage him to enter the event with his cars with minimal mods and i was sure he would fare well considering what the competition may be.

I have not read the magazine yet, i am sure he would have done okay and others may be very dissappointed with their result with heavily prepared cars
that have been boasting a lot.
Hopefully next year.

Eurospeed, how are you my name is Anthony... Don't worry about all the BS on here you don't have to explain anything to anyone..
If there was any problems at home that is your business and i would do the same.. I would sell all my cars and if i had to help my family
Family first:thumbsup:
Hope everything is ok now..:w00t:

just_quietly

Power Banned
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GTI 07 spec
Thats the problem around here Anthony. One to many chiefs! This comment is not directed at you. :wink:

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
Some female forum members might be feeling a little left out with your suggested reconsiliation methods...:lol:

Hahaha, caper the female kind isnt silly nor stupid enough to engage in the rubbish us boys are prone to get into... and plus im too nice to offend the female kind with that kind of rubbish i suggested

:lol: