GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE FORMULA 1 THREAD

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
Yeah, I hope they don't do away with Turkey. I love turn 8. I know its extreme but man that woudl be a dream pulling those g's in that car through 4 apexes. I'm sick of Brawn. I started liking J. Button especially after his old appearnce on top gear, but now everytime i see an interview with him in just wanna punch him in his face. I'm really getting pissed about this situation with the FIA and the teams. Don't cause another cart/IRL split.

That would ruin the best racing series in the world. That said, I hope vettel can pull off a win this weekend, or Hamilton, Massa, hell Bourdais could win this weekend, please just not J. Button. I don't want record books to equate Button to Schumacher because a fluke of a season.

Totally agree!

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
Buttons "act" surprisingly is getting old, you could see that shit eating grin during the interviews was not as big as normal since he knows Vettel is the better driver and now that RBR has the super diffuser they should be near the top the rest of the season.

Turkey is a great track, but why the fuck would ol Bern only use it for only race the whole year, that is just stupid.

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
This is going to be a fun race to watch. I believe this track has many overtaking spots with all the long straights. This is one fast paced track.

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
Does anyone know what time the race starts on FOX?? Pacific

edit: its at 12pm. I was looking for 5 but couldnt find it. I guess they are not showing it live

Myfast_GTI

Super User
Does anyone know what time the race starts on FOX?? Pacific

edit: its at 12pm. I was looking for 5 but couldnt find it. I guess they are not showing it live

It's not being played live on Fox for any US time zone. :mad: I'm Central time and it's not on until 2 for me.

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
Damn i missed it, im gonna watch the rerun on tuesday on speed

You didn't miss much.

The Fox coverage sucks. They have to dumb everything down for the national audience and the pre race coverage is basically non existent as were the post race interviews.

Whoever came up with Vettel's strategy was...:thumbdown:

Myfast_GTI

Super User
I understand why the Fox coverage is the way it is... but at least they still keep Hobbs, Matchet and Varsha as the comentators. Speed (Speedvision) was way better before Fox bought them out.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
They cut Webber's comments completely! I was shocked! Fox stinks... Vettel rules and with a little more experience he'll be the next Schumi. Excellent driver.

Button is a very good driver in a superb car. Even though the car is excellent, he has still driven it perfectly. He's won 6 of 7 races. What should he do? Cry after each race? He's being humble to the best of his abilities and I think it's fine. If that was me I you'd have to remove my head to keep the grin from my face.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Both, what an awesome way to impose leverage against the FIA.

Who is going to be the star of F1 in 2010 if all the top manufactures leave? USF1? Yeah right. That will draw the crowds,advitisers, sponsers.

Then what about al the top manufactures? How do the plan on developing a seperate series in the short months between seasons? Maybe, but will they abe able to get fans to come out and support it in large numbers? Probaby not.

The teams and the FIA need each other to exist at all. One with out the other will never make money and make a mockery of the sport. I hope its just grandstanding and a ploy for leverage because I would be truely hurt if F1 no longer existed. It would be like yankees fans would be if MLB shut its doors due to a disagreement with the players association.

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
And so it begins.

The FIA has announced that it will take legal action against the FOTA teams following their decision to launch a rival championship in 2010.

The eight FOTA squads declared last night that they could not reach a deal to end the row with the FIA over next year's regulations and the governance of the sport, so would go it alone next year.

All the FOTA teams submitted conditional entries for next season and subsequently withdrew them, but the governing body said last week that it intended to hold Red Bull, Toro Rosso and Ferrari to previous agreements that it insisted committed the trio to Formula 1.

The FIA made Ferrari the focal point of its anger when announcing its plan for legal action this afternoon (Friday).

"The FIA’s lawyers have now examined the FOTA threat to begin a breakaway series," it said in a statement.

"The actions of FOTA as a whole, and Ferrari in particular, amount to serious violations of law including wilful interference with contractual relations, direct breaches of Ferrari's legal obligations and a grave violation of competition law.

"The FIA will be issuing legal proceedings without delay."

The statement added that the scheduled announcement of the 2010 entry list tomorrow will be delayed due to the legal proceedings.

"Preparations for the 2010 FIA Formula 1 World Championship continue but publication of the final 2010 entry list will be put on hold while the FIA asserts its legal rights," it said.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
So, quite the crazy weekend at Hungary. Man am I ever feeling for Massa right now. I hope he's going to be alright, and back on track in no time. Who is Ferrari's 3rd driver anyway? Also do I ever feel bad about what happend to Alonso.

So 2nd half of the season, whats everyones thoughts so far? What about the team shake up for next year? Will we even have a series next year? What about USF1? Potential driver thoughts? Alonso maybe going to Ferrari? What about the Kimster? Helkke, where does he go? As always, the drama continues.

Discuss.

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
(CNN) -- Felipe Massa has been woken successfully three times to make contact with his family, one of the surgeons who operated on the Brazilian Formula One star told CNN on Monday, after a horror crash in qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix left the driver needing surgery on a fractured skull.

Peter Bazso, the medical director of the AEK hospital in Budapest, confirmed that Massa's injuries had been "life-threatening" after he careered off the Hungaroring at 200kph in his Ferrari, but that his condition was now "slightly improving."

Brawn GP's Rubens Barrichello was also optimistic after visiting his fellow Brazilian on Monday afternoon.

"I saw the doctor and he said that [Massa] had reacted well when he first saw the doctor and reacted well when he saw his father," he told waiting reporters.

"I asked the doctor 'as someone who has no understanding of medicine, how will he be?' the doctor said 'most probably he is going to be 100 percent fine"

Bazso told CNN said he had watched Saturday's accident on television and his team, who specialize in brain injuries, was immediately put on standby to operate as Massa was airlifted to his hospital. Does safety need to be improved in Formula One?

Massa was hit on the helmet by a spring which had fallen off the rear of the Barrichello's Brawn.

The impact left Massa concussed and he lost control of his Ferrari on the high speed Turn Four before ploughing into a tire barrier.

Bazso and his team performed a two-hour emergency operation shortly after Massa arrived at the hospital, which also caters for the Hungarian military.

He remains in a medically-induced coma in intensive care but Bazso said there were good signs of a recovery.

"We tried to wake him up three times so he could make contact with his family and each time we were successful," he said.

Massa's parents and his pregnant wife Anna Rafaela flew to Hungary to be at his bedside after the accident.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SPORT/07/27/f1.massa.hungary.crash.condition/index.html

Myfast_GTI

Super User
Doctor reveal Massa's left eye damaged

By Jonathan Noble Monday, July 27th 2009, 13:45 GMT
Doctors say it is too early to judge whether Felipe Massa will race again after it was revealed on Monday that the Brazilian suffered damage to his left eye in his Hungarian Grand Prix crash.
Massa is still in hospital recovering from a skull fracture and concussion after he was hit in the face by a spring from Rubens Barrichello's car.
Local media quoted the hospital's professor Robert Veres from Budapest as saying that the eye injury could be enough to end Massa's F1 career.
"He has suffered some damage to the eye," said Veres. "We don't know whether he'll be able to race again."
The AEK hospital in Budapest is scheduled to hold a press conference this evening to update the media on Massa's injuries.
The spring struck Massa just above his left eye, smashing his helmet and fracturing his skull.
Doctors also confirmed on Monday that the operation that was conducted on Saturday afternoon saved Massa's life.
Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo visited Massa in hospital on Monday.