GOLFMKV

Mazdaspeed3 came, saw, and was conquered...l

binky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 Mazda MX-5
Well, me and my coworker did our runs. Here's what happened

2 dig runs:
By the way, I have more experience launching my car.
Run # 1 : I got him off the launch and pulled about 1 1/2 cars, but once we were in 3rd gear, he gained a little bit. at let off i had one car or so.

Run # 2 : He launched a bit better, i ended up with half a car on him.

3 Roll Runs:

30 MPH (2nd gear): I pulled instantly, and then he started catching up. when we let off I had him by about half a car.

50 mph (3rd gear): He actually got the jump and i had to reel him in. We were running out of road, no one could claim the win

50 mph again (naturally had to see): He got the jump again (must be right in his powerband). By 4th gear I had half a car on him.

In the end my car and his were pretty closely matched. He said the tq is cut down in 1-3 gears so thats why he lost from the digs :iono:. either way i have :respekt: for those cars. Quick out of the box. He was stock and I have AEM CAI, TB, APR 91, ABD intercooler.

Dubweiser

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, it will be interesting to see what those cars will be running with the same mods you have. Kind of sucks really.

Big turbo kits......where are you!!??

binky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 Mazda MX-5
i think what happened is on the roll races, he has more power on tap than I do. They have a peaky (but high) powerband, whereas ours is more steady although I'm not sure what mine is with the mods. From a dig, I think I will beat him every time.

geboost07

X20A Strike Freedom
Car(s)
golf gti
great kill i wont get to race one till like april they canceled the orders of speed 3's and sent them all stateside saying the states gets first dibs on them.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
After all those victories, I was waiting for you to list your mods. :laugh:
Good effort... even though it was still tight, and he was inexperienced - but stock for stock, we will get whipped. :frown:

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
We have other advantages over the MS3, such as higher-quality materials and some subjective benefits. I still turn around whenever I'm walking away from my car just to catch another look.

Plus, they don't have a DSG!

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
I guess that's why we're all here and not on the Mazda forums. :wink:

prodigymb

lag > peeshooters
nice run. they are very quick out of the box . 2 things tho... they are boos tlimited in 1st and 2nd not 3rd. when COBB comes out with software for that car it will be a very serious competitor. from reading their forums MS3 owners run consistent high 13s STOCK. stock their power does drop off terribly after 5.5k and they are more laggy then our cars. i test drove one, it was great, def faster then my gti was stock no doubt about it and handled better too- no body roll whatsoever.