GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are you paying for your GTI?

kosmo6

Ready to race!
For those of you in the US who have already purchased your new GTI, how much did you pay for it? Even though I'm in CA I think I can get a good chunk off since the dealers have been flooded with GTIs.
Furthermore, a dealer on ebay was offering a GTI with a reserve price below invoice!

Dude123

Oval Champion
I got my Package 1, DSG, w/Monster mats for a little less than $24,000, and then the taxes and all that stuff ended up costing $28,000.

I think I recieved a good deal.

GTT

Touring Car Champion
Dude123 said:
I got my Package 1, DSG, w/Monster mats for a little less than $24,000, and then the taxes and all that stuff ended up costing $28,000.

I think I recieved a good deal.

HI Dude, we're somewhat in the same area. I'm south and east of Chicago and I think you're North and west.

Anyway, I'm curious as to how you got a $24k deal that ended up costing $28k overall.
I don't mean to be an a$$, so please know I'm not bashing.
If you paid an 8% sales tax that's still only $25,920. If you got charged a documention fee of $60, as you shouldn't pay much more than that, you are up to $25,980.
So, don't count tags and registration as those vary state to state.
How did you get up to $28k?
Your GTI retails for $25,250. If you add the 18's it's $26,000 delivered prices.

I'm lookin at a DSG, package 2, mats
I know the dealers on the west coast are marking these up, but around here they are discounting quite nicely. Afterall, it's a VW and they'll make more if they need them.

Thanks for the info.

TT

kosmo6

Ready to race!
I'm looking at $1000 under MSRP for a package 2, DSG, 18" wheel silver GTI, and that's at Manhattan Beach in LA. They first had $28,890 for the above car because they had $695 and $395 for paint protection and etching (for security) fees. Complete bull. Have any of you heard of this crap? Well, $26,605 plus tax and license is fair for LA, so I know you all in the back east can do much better.

GTT

Touring Car Champion
kosmo6 said:
I'm looking at $1000 under MSRP for a package 2, DSG, 18" wheel silver GTI, and that's at Manhattan Beach in LA. They first had $28,890 for the above car because they had $695 and $395 for paint protection and etching (for security) fees. Complete bull. Have any of you heard of this crap? Well, $26,605 plus tax and license is fair for LA, so I know you all in the back east can do much better.

At that price, get yourself a $100 one way plane ticket and buy your new GTI in the midwest or east or somewhere away from Cali and drive it home. You'll get to break it in on the way home and you'll save a LOT of money. Invoice and under is standard around here.
Might be worth the flight.

I wonder if there are any emissions changes on the GTI for Cali spec?
It's possible that there aren't as the GTI is said to get more HP if you use 93 octane vs. 91, but it can handle both just fine.

TT

Herby

Autocross Newbie
Do you get 93 at the pump? I think only cold areas get higher octane. In cali, we only have 87, 89, 91 at the pump:thumbdown:

GTT

Touring Car Champion
Herby said:
Do you get 93 at the pump? I think only cold areas get higher octane. In cali, we only have 87, 89, 91 at the pump:thumbdown:

Yes, in the midwest we have 93 at the pump. In some places, Sunoco fuel carries 94 at the pump. Too bad those stations are rare. I usually use Amoco/BP 93.

TT

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
I wish us in the UK could get our GTIs for so little :frown:
Our basic model is $35,298.51 USD after tax and if you get $1000 off your very luckie. :frown:

Last edited:

Dude123

Oval Champion
GTT said:
HI Dude, we're somewhat in the same area. I'm south and east of Chicago and I think you're North and west.

Anyway, I'm curious as to how you got a $24k deal that ended up costing $28k overall.
I don't mean to be an a$$, so please know I'm not bashing.
If you paid an 8% sales tax that's still only $25,920. If you got charged a documention fee of $60, as you shouldn't pay much more than that, you are up to $25,980.
So, don't count tags and registration as those vary state to state.
How did you get up to $28k?
Your GTI retails for $25,250. If you add the 18's it's $26,000 delivered prices.

I'm lookin at a DSG, package 2, mats
I know the dealers on the west coast are marking these up, but around here they are discounting quite nicely. Afterall, it's a VW and they'll make more if they need them.

Thanks for the info.

TT

That's what the total says on the final reciept. It has everything for the tax to the interest payed.

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
This is what I will be offering to the dealer:
Package 2 + Nav + DSG + 5 Door = $25,000.

I always tell them that "I give them an offer that they can't refuse;" unlike theirs is always refusable. So we'll see when I get down on the table with them but I won't pay not even a dime more. I got a very good deal on my 04 including good APR rate so we'll see with this one I hope I am just as lucky. Otherwise I might have to quit the VW royalty and look out for another car.

GTT

Touring Car Champion
Dude123 said:
That's what the total says on the final reciept. It has everything for the tax to the interest payed.

I see. But, that's not the selling price.
Look at the receipt and give us the selling price, which would include the cost of the car, anything you may have added to the car, and documentation fees.
Don't list taxes, title/plates, or interest.

What is the actual selling price you negociated?

TT

Dude123

Oval Champion
GTT said:
I see. But, that's not the selling price.
Look at the receipt and give us the selling price, which would include the cost of the car, anything you may have added to the car, and documentation fees.
Don't list taxes, title/plates, or interest.

What is the actual selling price you negociated?

TT

$24,000 for DSG, Package 1, and Monster mats..I think it is a good deal

Btw vdubGTi, It will be extremely hard if not impossible to get your GTI for the price you posted.