GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any GTI's in SoCal (Inland Empire) want to run?

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Let's go for a little ride.....

SWAT came into my house, disrespected my whole family because somebody narc'd me out! And you know what? IT WAS YOU!

DisgustipatedS2K

RWD'in yo mom
Car(s)
E30
Saw your thread on S2ki, very clean.

Oh shit, fellow S2000 owner, AP2 no less. Sup man! Thanks for the compliments. Hopefully the GTI guys think the same...

I am thinking about supercharging in the next few weeks. Then I can be 'big dog' fast. Hahahah :wub:

fastgti69

M3 Eater
Oh shit, fellow S2000 owner, AP2 no less. Sup man! Thanks for the compliments. Hopefully the GTI guys think the same...

I am thinking about supercharging in the next few weeks. Then I can be 'big dog' fast. Hahahah :wub:

supercharging what? the e30 or the s2k. Either or I would say turbo.

DisgustipatedS2K

RWD'in yo mom
Car(s)
E30
supercharging what? the e30 or the s2k. Either or I would say turbo.

Makes no sense for either. Turbo is overrated for engines that are high-revving NA from the factory because it usually changes the powerband unless you specifically use the right size turbo so that the powerband stays the same, plus they are less reliable and put more stress overall on the engines (not that either engine isn't built strong), not to mention they're a HUGE bitch to install and take off. I'm a big fan of supercharging because the stock powerband remains relatively unchanged, the car just becomes MUCH much faster. Plus I'd rather have the blower go out/belt shred than have the turbo take a shit and suck some propeller shards into my engine for a nice engine-turbo blender salad.

If I could, I'd get a Roots/Twinscrew blower on the E30. But since the car has so much low-end torque and I can get a custom bracketed, 'bolts right in' S/C kit + injectors + tune for dirt cheap, I don't mind taking the centrifugal route. :biggrin:

this thread is soo cool its like fast and the furious ! ahhh so exciting :)

Needs more homoerotic vibes and shitty music.

Car(s)
Subaru
Makes no sense for either. Turbo is overrated for engines that are high-revving NA from the factory because it usually changes the powerband unless you specifically use the right size turbo so that the powerband stays the same, plus they are less reliable and put more stress overall on the engines (not that either engine isn't built strong), not to mention they're a HUGE bitch to install and take off. I'm a big fan of supercharging because the stock powerband remains relatively unchanged, the car just becomes MUCH much faster. Plus I'd rather have the blower go out/belt shred than have the turbo take a shit and suck some propeller shards into my engine for a nice engine-turbo blender salad.

If I could, I'd get a Roots/Twinscrew blower on the E30. But since the car has so much low-end torque and I can get a custom bracketed, 'bolts right in' S/C kit + injectors + tune for dirt cheap, I don't mind taking the centrifugal route. :biggrin:

Vash

Passed Driver's Ed

Ask and ye shall recieve.

PM me time and place, I want to see how bad your E30 spanks the G.

PS: Porter Ranch isn't "near" the valley, it's in the hills of the North West part of the valley. :thumbsup:

fastgti69

M3 Eater

Does depend on the powerband you're looking for of course. Still don't think a turbo would take a shit that bad unless you're looking at ebay turbo. Still, tho a SC e30 would be bad ass.

Car(s)
Subaru
Does depend on the powerband you're looking for of course. Still don't think a turbo would take a shit that bad unless you're looking at ebay turbo. Still, tho a SC e30 would be bad ass.

i completely agree. s/c is nice, but i dont get why you wouldnt just get more power from a turbo at basically the same boost :iono:

@op you also, you talk about a turbo ripping to shreds and a blade getting sucked in. i go to tons of truck pulls and these diesels blow turbos all the time and never have i seen a blade get sucked in... cause of a thing called plumbing that goes through an ic. anyways, you go on and say you dont mind going with a centrifugal s/c... isnt that just like a turbo except instead of using the exhaust to power it, the engine is... which means youre losing power when compared to a turbo. you can do w/e you want to your car, you just make no sense

DisgustipatedS2K

RWD'in yo mom
Car(s)
E30
i completely agree. s/c is nice, but i dont get why you wouldnt just get more power from a turbo at basically the same boost :iono:

@op you also, you talk about a turbo ripping to shreds and a blade getting sucked in. i go to tons of truck pulls and these diesels blow turbos all the time and never have i seen a blade get sucked in... cause of a thing called plumbing that goes through an ic. anyways, you go on and say you dont mind going with a centrifugal s/c... isnt that just like a turbo except instead of using the exhaust to power it, the engine is... which means youre losing power when compared to a turbo. you can do w/e you want to your car, you just make no sense

First off, you don't even know what engine I'm running in my E30. :thumbdown:

Second, centrifugal does make less power than a turbo but that is FINE. S/C will be a LOT more reliable, especially when I track the car, and will make less torque which is fine considering I'm going to have decent traction problems anyways (and already do since I make a lot of low end torque). Even at 6 psi I'll be making around 300 whp (maybe more because I have a bit of a factory freak/strong engine), and almost 250 wtq. Turbo is great for big power (400-500+ whp) on the engine I'm running, but I'm not looking to make a straight-line only car.

What makes no sense is that you are making huge assumptions based on having very little facts and then trying to talk down to me about it. There's a lot of good reasons for me to go centrifugal (cost, ease of install/maintenance, reliability, able to be tracked, linear powerband) and not many good reasons for me to go turbo. Only advantage turbo has is better MPG and more low end torque, and MPG won't suffer much with an S/C and I already have gobs of low end torque in a very light car. :thumbsup: